Wideband recommendations

VitesseEFI

As above. For my Vitesse with Megasquirt MS2. Permanent install.

Would prefer with a display. Currently have an Innovate LC1 (Bosch 4.2 sensor) and some random 52mm display that have worked well for 15+ years, but now getting flakey.

TIA

Nick

I've blown up shitloads of Bosch 4.2 and 4.9 sensors, so changed to the 14point7 Spartan controller, with the LSU-ADV sensor. 

It lasted the entire lifespan of the echo without blowing up a single sensor, and was running it "hot" on cold starts as well. 

(As it's designed to be more compatible with cold starts than 4.2 or 4.9)

Compared to, I think my record with a 4.2 or 4.9 sensor for worst lifespan was that one lasted 3 days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had no issues with my 14point7 spartan. Easy to use, compact and reliable. A+ still have it to use again later.

Also bought a Glowshift gauge unit to use as a portable wideband setup. Also works well, but was pretty spenny new.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2024 at 14:20, ThePog said:

I bought this one off AliX a while ago, it is now installed in the Fiat. I came with what appears to be a genuine Bosch 4.9 sensor.

The reviews both in AliX and in the wider world are positive.

I can let you know in a week or three how well it goes..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006080021720.html

Did it come with AEM stickers?

On 13/03/2024 at 01:10, Roman said:

I've blown up shitloads of Bosch 4.2 and 4.9 sensors, so changed to the 14point7 Spartan controller, with the LSU-ADV sensor. 

It lasted the entire lifespan of the echo without blowing up a single sensor, and was running it "hot" on cold starts as well. 

(As it's designed to be more compatible with cold starts than 4.2 or 4.9)

Compared to, I think my record with a 4.2 or 4.9 sensor for worst lifespan was that one lasted 3 days. 

Reckon this is heavily influenced by sensor positioning. Given that my original 4.2 has lasted well, l’m assuming my sensor positioning is good……

I’m a bit foxed by the Spartan website which seems to most of their models as NLA….

20 hours ago, Muncie said:

Sorry to Semi-hijack where would be the best place to fit the sensor on a turbo downpipe? Bosch type not 100% what ive got yet. Pipe goes straight down from the blue cap. 

20240316_132852.jpg

I’d probably put it in middle pipe section with the wire pointing to 1 o’clock, could swing it round pointing out of the pic if it helps packaging.  In downpipe below blue cap probably fine too.