KDX200SR of green

kicker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty stoked with it tbh, it is a lot smoother and more stable in corners as you could imagine and I can flat foot at intersections now but on the flipside the speedo reads about 10kph high.
I have a few more jobs to do like fit a chain guard, uprated Racetech fork springs, check the rear shock and overhaul the swingarm linkage and some new white (or maybe yellow) decals for the front and rear. The rest will stay a bit ratty as there is lots of worn paint and scratched plastics from its offroad life

The only downside is that I can't get my stand under it as easy as before

MMEK1Vk.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, kicker said:

I forgot to update, I did change to the black and I like it very much.

ODJlEJu.jpg

Now that I had nice tyres for the road the front suspension issues became more noticeable. Anything above 70kph would make the front bounce. The springs were too soft from factory and the oil was shit because I was a lazy fuck and reused the questionable stuff that was in there, it wasn't the right amount either. Stock spring rate is 0.36kgmm or something, so on advice from Racetech I bought some of their 0.42 springs. After putting them in with some fresh oil I took it for a zing up the motorway and it feels really good now. No vibration or diving to the centre of the earth when on the brakes, still soaks up the bumps nicely so that's a win.

hfG7Umz.jpg

Next on the agenda is fuel consumption, it's a bit too thirsty for a little 200 and the tank is only 11 litres including reserve. I have leaned it out a touch down low and my range has gone up but I'm waiting on a full rebuild kit for the carb which I hope will get me even further. I'm at 80k's on my current tank, not far from hitting reserve though.

iqqrxWS.jpg

I found a suitable accessory for the Nats trip should I need it.

DZAbxcA.jpg

My RMX50 would do 10L/100km at 90km/h. Was a shame it only had a 7L tank.

• Like 2

Tangy twostrokes are hard to drive sedately in my experience, I want to make a comparison to a P addict or something

The crisp rush of being on the pipe is quite thrilling

You try stay off the pipe, and things get lethargic and kinda unpredictable and upset and bogged down, so you'll tell yourself, its just.... one....  crisp... NAAAANNG, and you're back to riding like a hooligan in step one, on the pipe every shift.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 31/01/2023 at 07:33, Willdat? said:

My RMX50 would do 10L/100km at 90km/h. Was a shame it only had a 7L tank.

Thread detail like a Te Puke train, but what was the rego plate on your RMX50? Dads just brought one, wondering if it’s the same bike.

28 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

Thread detail like a Te Puke train, but what was the rego plate on your RMX50? Dads just brought one, wondering if it’s the same bike.

There wasn't many of them imported, I think they were $5500 when an RG150 was $2995.

P1050011.jpg

P1050007.jpg

• Like 3