Wellington Monthly Meet - Discussion thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any one considered the original gone in 60 seconds I remember watching it on VHS just did a search for it on IMDB.com it came out in 74 was serious automotive mayhem plot was a bit amateur but I think there was some thing like 150 cars written off

Same guy did another one ,some thing like the junkman part 1

Heres a review

Andreiev (gandreiev@aol.com) (Huntington, NY) – See all my reviews

I've only seen trailers for the Summer 2000 release of GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS. But the trailers show a big budget, MTV style editing, and big stars. What it didn't show was that this thriller about a master car thief is a remake of this 1974 no-budgeter by auto man Halicki. The 1974 GI60S's charm is that it is very low budget. Some scenes, such as the auto auction in the run down lot, or the Radio DJ's cramped little studio add to some crisp atmosphere. However, the first half of GI60S is rather amateurish (One entire scene is terribly out of focus) and we have trouble following Halicki's unprofessionally written plot. The second half of the film is a car chase that has to be seen to be believed! In 40 minutes, close to 90 cars are destroyed in a massive auto chase spanning several cities, freeways, parks, lots, you just name it. For all it's sloppiness, the original 1974 version of GI60S has a neat charm

Has any one considered the original gone in 60 seconds I remember watching it on VHS just did a search for it on IMDB.com it came out in 74 was serious automotive mayhem plot was a bit amateur but I think there was some thing like 150 cars written off

Same guy did another one ,some thing like the junkman part 1

We saw this last time we did one of these.

• Like 1

Right, this is a go. Thursday 18th June, meet up at 7pm at Time Cinema Lyall Bay,They have an excellent film museum type thingy which is worth a good browse. A screening of a moveie will follow at at 730.

To make life easy for the hosts, please prepay to me (as in before the day), and I will handle cash payment on the night (they only do cash). Price is $20 per head and includes tea/coffee. I would like to think that if you have said you will be coming that you will pay. Any remaining money will be transferred to the OS bank acocount (there may be a few bucks left over depending on how many people come as some of the cost is fixed, some is per head)

Payment details (please use user name as ref)

A Balme

02-0576-0053578-083

$20/head.

Attendance list to date (more are welcome!)

Me

Kicker

Roger

KK

Keith

Classicmad +1 or 2?

Crustywhip

Vivaspeed

Moaning Cupcake

Seedy

Goat +1

Shaz