Bling's AE70 Hardtop - Discussion

Bling

Fairly sure I'll have some parcel speakers for the rear that could be of interest,  ill rummage in garage tomorrow and let you know what I have

Other option is just do some 6x9s (i assume they still make these) and build a speaker box for them from mdf and carpet them (this what we used to do at highschool)

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet sounds good thanks. I do have 6x9 speakers somewhere that I could box, but I feel like they'd look out of place / era. If I installed rear speakers it would only be for a bit of fill really. 6x9 are great to just smash some sound in your ear holes, but hoping to go for a bit more quality over quantity this time around. Not in a big hurry so all good things to consider though.

@Sambo

Thanks, I'll try that key trick and see what I can hear. Hopefully not ECU based as the only one in the car is installed above the glovebox which requires most of dash out. Will track down what I'm looking for (the solenoid) and go from there I guess. The ECU is for emissions so I'm thinking it won't be linked to that. Will check the wiring diagrams.

• 2 months later...

Cheers, just a couple before the weather turned to shit.

Yeah I'm all for super low cars. But I spent many days in the garage looking at what was needed to go lower than it is. There is enough allowance in the coilovers to go much lower. That is the easy bit. I even purchased new longer bodied shock inserts as it was too low. One of those learn as you go things. 

Probably could go 50mm+ lower in it, more with the shorter shocks. But then everything else becomes a problem if you want to actually drive it. That's ignoring the geometry side of things that would be in the toilet without spending another bucket of cash on adjustable everything. 

I'm old, I want something that is relatively comfortable to fang. 

• Like 4