Bluebear01

Bluebears01's '83 Toyota Crown

Dude, you have SO MUCH room compared to my Triumph engine bay! I've got about a 40mm square space on the cross member between the block and the steering universal to 'grow' a mount out of.

On 10/09/2018 at 19:08, sheepers said:

Yea you'll find pretty much everyone that's strapped a uz to the front of a W55-8 has had the same result. Especially in a heavy car like a crown. 

Second gear, or possibly third will Chernobyl at some point. 

R154 is your boy. 

I went R154 in my 1UZ Avenger build for the same reason. I heard the W55-8's don't last.

Loving the build though, it's good to see someone else doing a 1UZ engine swap at the moment.

The photos with your son working on the car are choice, he looks like a pro in his tiny little work overalls. Looks like he enjoys it and perfect for getting those hard to reach bolts out :) Maybe I need to hire him to do some of the fiddly bits on my 1UZ :) 

Wow, haven't checked this in a while! Cheers @Avenga!

I'm currently sorting out an in tank fuel pump, and I noticed the wiring is there for an electric pump, even though this was always the carb model. It might be a long shot, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the MS112 crown or know where the fuel pump relay/wiring is on the efi model? It might save me running a new circuit to the front. Cheers! 

Cheers for that! If I was to guess I’d say the relay is in the engine bay fuse box. Don’t worry too much if it’s a pain. It shouldn’t be too big a job for me to trace the wires through.