Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
66gt

shannons 1972 vauxhall viva estate

47 posts in this topic

Cool wagon.

From memory there is some new Short Shocks for the front when he was planning on lowering also

Shouldn't take you much at all to have it running, put the motor back in and you'll be away!

Cheers guys, motors in now. Just sourcing some parts to get her going

Lovely colour !!!!  Here's it brother in motueka...

20161206_141408.jpg

4 people like this

I spaced down the lower shock mounts from the lower suspension arms by using washers - you could probably do the same with proper spacers and longer bolts.

3 people like this

The yellow is a very nice colour ill admit. I dont know if ill go any lower yet. Might do in the future though! Anyone know where i can get brand new carpet from?

I made my Viva carpet set. Bought the carpet off the roll at upholstery place, took it home, cut it to size, took it back and the fella put edges on it and sticthed in a drivers side foot mat. Worked out really cheap and looks mighty fine.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

I made my Viva carpet set. Bought the carpet off the roll at upholstery place, took it home, cut it to size, took it back and the fella put edges on it and sticthed in a drivers side foot mat. Worked out really cheap and looks mighty fine.

This was my plan!!  

Alternatively, go see Wayne Patrick @ Patrick Autotrimmers - he's a top bloke and a Vauxhall Fiend! 

Also any windows out there, front drivers side?

Did he not sort that? I set him up with one from the Prattleys - when they wanted a parts wagon I knew about, I made it a proviso that he got the front window off them..

Arron or Luke

He is apperantly, but i havent heard from him yet. hes a good mate so we will see...

cool wee car, havn't seen one for an age.

just a wee point i noticed.

i'd seriously think about replaciing hard line from oil pressure sender with a braided rubber line to inner guard and go steel from there. engine vibrations may cause hard line to fracture and dump oil everywhere. it's something we always done to rallycars, but often we mounted the gauge pick-up and a hobbs switch (separate O/P light), on a T mounted on the inner gaurd.

Just add a few coils in the line, will last forever

1 person likes this

Its Nylon line, had a few issues crimping it when i was installing it. Luckily i saved it with the kit i bought without having to spend any more money.

3 hours ago, Shannon763 said:

Its Nylon line, had a few issues crimping it when i was installing it. Luckily i saved it with the kit i bought without having to spend any more money.

OK, looked like small bundy tube from the photo

Does anyone have a starter motor for a 1256? Mines fucked

I might have a spare. I'll check this weekend. But if I do it would be a keeper in case mine fucks out. However you can borrow it until you sort yours :-)  Would just have to get it down to ya.

Im pretty sure the 1159 and 1256 share the same starter?.....

Pretty sure you can still get them new in the uk. And for reasonable price inc freight.

Mate got one for not much more than local wreckers etc wanted for an old crusty one.