• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bam..

IMAG2639_zpsvwmaaas2.jpg

IMAG2641_zpsi5cismib.jpg

Took all of 1 1/2 hours for 2.5k.. could have done it myself but they were ready to go 18hrs after I enquired.. 

IMAG2635_zpsecwmxjma.jpg

IMAG2636_zpsaxybdiou.jpg

Still had to do a small amount of pushing it around today to align it properly.. now just have to stitch it together, and plumb it, and wire it, drainage, sewer, gib, insulation, cladding blah blah etc etc..

Traced most of the wires in the rear half back to the db, went to do the front half and discovered that after being marked and cut when the house was split that some awesome cunt had cut all bar three cables, awesome. As annoying as it is it should be a fairly simple rewire thanks to my great asbestos friends removing all the gib from the ceiling in the living areas..

• Like 4

Just put a pic up of it down..

IMAG2652_zpskshv1nrh.jpg

Doesn't look so imposing now.. the old lady's been doing some pretty solid work down there while I do my real job, stripped all the lino of the floor in the bathroom/toilet, cleaned up all the mess around the house and stacked all the stye timber up the front, pulled out the existing oven, started stripping the old wall paper and the cork flooring from the kitchen/laundry.. she must really want us out of  her house..

IMAG2657_zps79ubvqxy.jpg

IMAG2658_zpsetkoq3a8.jpg

IMAG2655_zpspmt0c495.jpg

IMAG2660_zpscorhushw.jpg

Also finally sat down and actually made a list/timeline for all the jobs left to get it to code..

Screenshot_20161030-220909_zpsbf7xn57g.p

Not sure if you can see but god damn there's allot to do in 3 months.. think I might be living in a caravan soon..

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

.. pics no worky worky.. does someone know why?

Dammit.. just wrote a big post and it got deleted so I'll start  again..

November for some reason was a very quiet month on the house, got a few things done but fuck all really, was busy buying taps and plumbing shit, bought a lot of taps.. choice is good. Also bought a rimu sideboard as a vanity for the bathroom and an acrylic slipper bath.. hopefully that will arrive on the 3rd all going to plan..

Did manage to get the beam up in the lounge.. took all of 2 hours..

IMAG2764_zpsdnl4rvq7.jpg

Ceiling joists are tied in with 90deg ceiling ties

Gives a much better feeling of space,

IMAG2767_zpsv8wtld7g.jpg

IMAG2768_zpsl7ae4z95.jpg

Also moved the door in the bathroom to a more central position to allow for the vanity on one side and the bath on the other,

IMAG2660_zpscorhushw.jpg

To this

IMAG2775_zpscqfo6iw4.jpg

Also got the drain layer in to let me know what and where to dig trenches, didn't get a pick of the bomb site that ensued.. well there's a half pick with the drains in..

But I found the storm water and sewer, trenches followed,

IMAG2654_zpsk3dss9gu.jpg

Sewers below the old storm water,

IMAG2653_zps6vwj6qso.jpg

This is the only real shot of the trenches after the sewer was put in,

IMAG2839_zpsw2rpuxkl.jpg

Suffice to say it was a fucken mess, and come December I decided I wanted to get a preline inspection and power on before Christmas.. I was miles off. Did get the sewer and half the storm water in, originally I wanted the stormwater hugging the found but the drainage guy squids the council preferred it about a meter out from the house, so I dug a trench there, when the plumber laid the stormwater he said there wasn't enough fall in the trench and I should fill in around the house so I could lay it in close to the found.. #@%!!
Annoying, as I got the digger three times to do other shit and could have smashed that out quick as.. anyway.

Engineer wanted straps around the bracing modules and to link the original bearers together,

On The opening studs of every window, and braced corner

IMAG2812_zpsshfo5581.jpg

A double row on the bearers,

IMAG2841_zpsxoflobcq.jpg

Shit shot, but you get the idea,

Dug a trench to the boundary for power and coms etc, spewing about not getting power in earlier, luckily I have a fucken great elderly neighbor who's selling me power. Getting a three phase connection as it's $400 dearer that single, and the cables cheaper for some reason.. sparkies happy for me to run all the cabling which is fucken great as he's expensive, good/fast but expensive and likes to talk..

IMAG2867_zpsz2vavbkh.jpg

Had to leave extra in the trench for when the garage goes in, also an extra 12m at the boundary for Orion to connect to the pole, 62m all up.. 
So up till now, I levelled out most of the rest of the section except for the sewer, and just today finished 90% of the ecoply barrier. As the house is older and set up for masonry, all the studs are centered at 450mm which is fucken annoying, wasted a couple of sheets cutting them to 900s, then realised I'd have to go with a structural horizontal cavity batten as there's no nailing for 1200 sheets of ply.. that stressed me the fuck out for a day until I discovered the company's making such battens and my architect saying its all good. Works out much better anyway as he had my windows being set right out on the casings which meant no reveal.. no reveal=shit. But now that the cavity battens are 45mm I should get about 35mm of reveal... you'll get it when I start that bit..

House looked a fucken mess,

IMAG2894_zpsam5ug3cy.jpg

But family in to lend a hand which resulted in this,

IMAG2886_zpsibbsdftb.jpg

And this,

IMAG2908_zpse0bdgxcm.jpg

Also had to add nail plates at
  • Like 2

Got a water heater location sussed? (chuck a pic up) Good idea to have a bunch of timber in the wall for fixing for that. 200mm wide by 1m or so, to allow for the height to be adjusted to suit, water heater will be 600mm high roughly. Pics look good when clicked, a lot of work involved eh!

Try Imgur.

It is an OS problem as I just tried your photo links on an old phpBB forum, a SMF forum and an AMASS forum and they worked perfectly on all.

But at the end of the day Photobucket sucks crusty ass.

Just playing around with your image links I've been informed that I've won billions of dollars, there's sexy singles waiting for me and it turns out the Lindbergh baby is my grandfather

Imgur is easier to use than PB and works well, iforce is super simple and just straight out works.

• Like 4