• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some paint shotz, mostly basecoat..

IMAG3330_zpsrxuabnri.jpg

IMAG3329_zpsk74xfftl.jpg

IMAG3322_zpsvzrrtrrb.jpg

IMAG3320_zpsw4lusjgs.jpg

You get the idea.. that was from last week, paint should be finished this weekend,

This is the cuntie fillet I was talking about, lots of planning to get the desired finish.. worth it I guess..

IMAG3317_zps8g0ob8uk.jpg

IMAG3318_zpsp3eay1xl.jpg

Actually, it looks fucken great now it's painted.. that stuff hides a multitude of sins, unlike car paint..

Nearly there with the ply..

IMAG3338_zpsa5e6m36d.jpg

Finish the ply tomorrow and get on to the bathroom joinery, floors are being sanded this week, carpet hopefully soon after. Also got a quote back for the bedroom doors, $600 each for a hung Rimu veneer door in rimu jambs..

• Like 4

Didn't start till about 12pm coz Easter.. had to fuck around trying to straighten and pack walls around the front door, totally sick of packing walls.. then I ran out of screws. I think the reason that corner is so stuffed and bent was because the shifters had the stye in that corner about 30mm higher than the others when it was at QE2, I didn't think to adjust it..

IMAG3344_zpst0tszehr.jpg

Urrrgh, skirting.. and architraves..

Least I have some pumping dnb tunes thanks to rdu, take me back..

IMAG3398_zpslrxtg71a.jpg

IMAG3399_zpsffkdrcgw.jpg

In other news, picked up the last of my mac today and stored it under the house, starting to look like a proper lumber yard under there..

IMAG3396_zpsscsc02q4.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Where was I...

Fillets,

IMAG3407_zps4alqmohg.jpg

Floor came up okish..

IMAG3417_zpskxqnugm4.jpg

IMAG3418_zpsuiio6mqn.jpg

IMAG3421_zpsmqbggczs.jpg

Bought a kitchen, got fed up with looking at shit that was a mission to change/adapt to my kitchen. Its Chinese with German hinges.. 3.5k

IMAG3416_zps2bnjncfx.jpg

Put it together and semi installed in on Sat/sun and discovered they forgot to give me a bit..

IMAG3427_zps9cgkomqr.jpg

IMAG3429_zpsvgta1zpd.jpg

IMAG3428_zps4yzofrws.jpg

IMAG3431_zps40gp5eti.jpg

That's better,

IMAG3432_zps7zbu0q1c.jpg

Drilled some light holes, fucked one up but it was at 12am Tuesday morning so it's ok..

IMAG3433_zpsi6tfufkc.jpg

Crawling round in the ceilings a bit of a cunt, glad I'm not doing the insulation,

IMAG3440_zpsuhciefcf.jpg

Oh, and I spy with my brown eye..

IMAG3435_zps6isin6r1.jpg

Christened this one already, felt good..

IMAG3436_zpsmchdxtut.jpg

IMAG3437_zpswjyai2bt.jpg

IMAG3438_zpsbmpsipiq.jpg

Still not a fan of those taps as they're too new looking, would've preferred the ones I missed on the tard for a fiver.. getting closer and closer..was gonna get my mate to laminate my bench for me but I just found untreated 45mm laminate ply for $140 a sheet.. would be good for a temporary bench, see how the money goes.

• Like 6

Yeah they came up pretty good, can barely see the repairs.. not sure they will look that good for long. Vanity needs a bit of a clean but I'm pretty happy how it came out, just need a big mirror.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yetchh said:

.was gonna get my mate to laminate my bench for me but I just found untreated 45mm laminate ply for $140 a sheet.. would be good for a temporary bench, see how the money goes.

looking good.

were you looking at a laminated timber for your benchtop ? i will be doing some sharp deals on rimu shortly as i have a metric fuckload to process, but would depend on length i what i have could be of use.

• 1 month later...
It's now been a month since my last confession.. some stuff has happened, mainly thanks to terrible internet.

I'll start with the repairs of the jambs damaged by my asbestos friends, my mate said if I repaired them with epoxy they'd never break, even being on the hinge side.. so that's what I did,

IMAG3445_zpsccqpxeq1.jpg

IMAG3452_zpspgmm9owu.jpg

IMAG3447_zpsrbi8hxml.jpg

IMAG3451_zpsvnh2yjx5.jpg

IMAG3450_zpsitthrhtn.jpg

IMAG3448_zps6dcssc5i.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome, wouldn't even really know something had happened which I guess is the aim.. wish I'd done it before I stripped all the original arcs off but meh.

Had the missus do some nights whilst grandparents babysat..

IMAG3465_zps9ddxahqh.jpg

Put the draw faces on.. being Chinese, there were some slight variations in width which I can see now they're finished, but for the most part they're ok..

IMAG3441_zpsyraifiwy.jpg

IMAG3442_zpst5wuzynw.jpg

Also put all the handles on horizontal. Discovered that some of the screws weren't quite long enough, had to buy extra from blacks.

IMAG3479_zpsad8zfxbd.jpg

Not much, but finally got to fill the hole in the bathroom

IMAG3461_zps2qalwu9h.jpg

Got 90% of the power on about mid May which was great, could work inside with plenty of light..

IMAG3483_zpsoeg9anxy.jpg

IMAG3484_zpsvzfhxynn.jpg

Also built the entrance deck with temp steps.

Whoops,

IMAG3480_zpsjh0wkch2.jpg

Solved,

IMAG3481_zpschv07thy.jpg

Came up better than I thought, just haven't taken a pic.

Also made a man hole cover, beats losing warm air up that hole..

IMAG3471_zpsfvlirchl.jpg

Went with flush mount painted mdf, had a slight negative detail around it but it's barely noticeable.. will take a pic

• Like 4

God nogging takes ages by yourself.. but got it all done and built the lower step then ran out of timber..

IMAG3553_zpsgz3k9pji.jpg

IMAG3555_zpstli7irq9.jpg

Bit of a cunt around the house tho, hopefully it ends up looking ok and not too piece meal.. also got the missus and mum to build the ground up to 950 so I don't have to have a handrail for compliance.. also ordered all the bolts only to discover the were galv and not stainless.. thought it was cheap..

• Like 1

Today's effort..

IMAG3557_zpslgwiz6fu.jpg

IMAG3558_zpsm9mueumu.jpg

Was a real mindfuck trying sort the steps, mainly coz I didn't draw the whole thing out beforehand and spent half the time second guessing myself with measurements, fucked the bottom step up for that reason before I went inside and drew up the rest of it.. need to add 30mm to the face of the bottom step for it to be inline with the rest.. hopefully bought the last of the timber today, scares me a bit with how much its cost, especially the steps.. guess that's the price of a useable deck.

(Hasn't cost that much, just seems like it.. but the stringers for the steps are 450 by themselves)

• Like 5