Ideas on gasket material for this unusual setup

vivaspeed

I have acquired a super rare Blydenstein sidedraught manifold for my Viva.  It is a combined manifold and rocker cover, but the downside is they have two ports in the head for an exhaust pre-heating setup (usually under where the Blydenstein wording is).

yiM6oH.jpg

Below I'm pointing at an intake port, not the exhaust port on the head.

1W9Iy2.jpg

So, my dilemma is what material to make the gasket from?  Standard, they have a cork gasket for the rocker cover and an exhaust gasket type material for the intake - because they are two separate parts.  I would use standard gasket paper, but not sure if the exhaust port will cause a problem with that and burn the paper, leading to a leak or some other unwanted events.  

Or should I make the whole gasket out of some other material - like exhaust gasket material - but that would be a bit shit to make.

Another option is to bung up the exhaust pre-heating outlets with a frost plug - although not sure the size would be standard.

Give me your thoughts and also in my build thread discussion -> //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33890-vivaspeeds-no2-viva-discussion/page-2

• Like 2

I have blocked heat crossover passages in a V8 intake manifold by using a router to skim a few mm or so around the port, then using a thin bit of stainless steel (cut from a warehouse cake slice). This  blocks the exhaust gas from affecting the gasket. A frost plug that fits tight into the head would work as well I reckon.

Super cool part BTW.

• Like 1