• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So heres a run down of the conversion now that ive sorted out all of the issues that came up, this is how i did it

V8 Base plates

Original trans crossmember with tag welded on the front as the c4 mounting bolts are further forward

Inhibitor switch is different, this needed to be changed

Used the original accelerator cable

Cut the heater pipes at the firewall and welded some 90 degree bends on so i can still use the heater

Speedo drive/gear is different and simply needed to be switched over by taking the small clip out

Trans lines need to be fed down the other side of the car as they are on the other side of the trans, also means i needed to flip the cooler over and move it to the other side of the car

the original power steer lines ended up very close to the headers so i cut the ends off mine and got them fitted to another line so i could run them elsewhere

The fuel line needed to be pushed back out of the original hole and ran down outside of the engine bay and popped back in infront of the shock tower

The shifter for the trans is on the opposite side of the original one, so to keep the column auto shift i used a cable

Custom exhaust dual 2.5" with single coby louvred/baffled hotdog on each side sounds very nice but very loud

Maybe a few other things but thats all i remember for now :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well... Was getting the 351 ready to drop off to the engine builders (302 in car at the moment) thought I'd double check the stroke and, 3 inches, so it's only a 302. The 351 and fmx I bought off here turned out to only be a 302 and c4 (wasn't worried about box) oh well what can ya do. Slows things down abit, going to have to find a new engine and flick that one on :(