Highlux's 73 Triumph MK2 2500 Discuss(ting)

HighLUX

I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate you on your latest ride. I'm firmly of the opinion that to own an older English car you have to be at least a little mad.

Ether way we seem to in a growing community of old school car enthusiasts that own both Japanese and English and in the case of some early Nissans both in the one vehicle.

In the build thread you ask how to rebuild Strombergs.

You will only need one tool, the biggest hammer you can find and use to dismantle said CD's, please keep in mind this is just IMO.

Then find and fit a set of 2500S 1 3/4 SU's not only will you get more power but all the issues the CD's have will be gone to.

Or better yet find some 2600 Rover HIF44's for the extra power and far better fuel economy, think these where fitted to the Triumph TR6 along with increased comp and some other Trumpy trickiness for near 150hp.

Both will fit straight onto the manifold and retain the same throttle linkages and are no where near as tricky to rebuild or tune, In the SU's case there is only one gasket and if your float level is right you only need that for vapor control, the car will run fine without it.

Good luck, the Triumph 2000 and 2500 are great cars.

• Like 1

Slam, 100 wires, scalloped candy paint and fluffy dice, Latino low rider.

or lace seat covers, cushions on the parcel tray and a noddy dog. Grand Ma spec

or moderate low with wide steels, matt black bonnet, numbers on the front doors and a Heatwave Rally NZ sticker on the back window for the classic race car feel.

or do all 3 at the same time, who said a race car can't have Candy paint and a Noddy Dog in the back window.

Yes I know, I a very sick man child.

• Like 1