Blizzo and Shonesy's 62' Starliner caravan

BLIZZO

• 2 weeks later...

so after a bit of a mission on the weekend we went down and picket this bad boy up. Apparently in the week between paying the lady the money and picking it up three people tried to buy it off her, i certainly timed it well.

happy chaps!

947120D4-C4A9-41CB-ABA8-796DB95A4C35.jpg

Got the thing home and gave it a good dose of 30 seconds and a water blast, then spend 3 hours cleaning all the rat shit out of it. Came up surprisingly well, someone has previously painted it with house paint which although flaking off has done a reasonable job and protecting the fibreglass

9EF28381-A794-4FDF-A17A-F3F3A53E0D08.jpg

is very fitting hangin out the back of the triumph

6FA4486B-74A1-46B8-B16D-26064C5DA568.jpg

B85F1738-DAF5-4DB7-A915-0BE5571B008B.jpg

a quick bit of investigating has revealed (like most of these now) that the wall supports are completly rotten away where it meets the chassis, so there isnt much holding the wall up. Will see how these can be replaced once its all stripped out as the chassis looks like it can be resurrected. hopefully these can be replaced with 3mm angle without removing the whole fibreglass top, which would make it easier to keep all true

56F7FB5B-43BE-4522-9CA0-5FF15A535989.jpg

its now tucked away in the shed at work waiting for the work on the rally car to be done before it do anything else on it. pretty excited to see some progress tho, whats even better is that unlike any of my cars the cooks pretty excited to get this done up too, winning. 

• Like 6

Phwoar, check out the pins on that denim shorted adonis.

Thanks KY, I have learned a new word!

Definition of ADONIS. 1. : a youth loved by Aphrodite who is killed at hunting by a wild boar and restored to Aphrodite from Hades for a part of each year. 2. : a very handsome young man.

I assume it's definition 1 that applies here?

Sweet caravan Blizz, I look forward to following the resurrection.

Thanks KY, I have learned a new word!

Definition of ADONIS. 1. : a youth loved by Aphrodite who is killed at hunting by a wild boar and restored to Aphrodite from Hades for a part of each year. 2. : a very handsome young man.

I assume it's definition 1 that applies here?

Sweet caravan Blizz, I look forward to following the resurrection.

Great little van. Have you ever gel coated something like this b4?  

Charlie sheen has Adonis DNA, and tiger blood, along with the HIV 

It's not hard. If you can spray paint you can spray gel. When I worked in the glass shop we sprayed gel on repairs regularly, but it often Ne needed a bit of effort to get it back to the automotive finish that we supplied,

I was looking at painting my boat a couple of years ago. I think and that a marine epoxy 2 pac finish Will work best for you on this. Gives a good finish off the gun, use a epoxy primer to seal the old gel and then spray the marine finish. Guys even report good results when rolling it on boat hulls.

Might be worth looking in to.

Looking at your pics.

My boat was in a similar condition when I got it. A good blast and a scrub with 30sec got the crap off but you will find that the gel will have oxidised. You can buff it back to a finish it will look better, resist water and green growth better, but in this current state I would not be supprised that you end up buffing so far back that you can see the fibres in the glass through the gel.

Awesome cheers for the advice man. It is getting a bit thin, there is a few spots where you can see the fibres, and it will get a good sand back before I do anything with it. I'll look into that stuff cheers.

Also another real cool thing with it is when we popped off one of the hub caps we found this! Some old Barry's name and address that used to own it. A quick search in the archives of that address brings him up as William Edwin Adams, a carpenter, and it looks like he passed away in 1996 at the ripe old age of 80, imagine how cool it would be to track down some old photos of it in its hey day!

7D3EC6AA-104B-4619-9A1D-07109FB56D6A.jpg

• Like 2