LNI TO NATS! What's everyone's plans.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Testament

If I go that way is it well sign posted as to where I am going????

I like the idea of long flat roads in the VW

But I also don't want to get lost some how and add an extra hour to the trip

Not that well but it's not too hard, basically you turn right at the roundabout in matamata and go down the main street keep going until another round about about 1km down with a blue petrol station (can't remember if gull or Mobil). Turn left on to tower rd at the round about then follow tour nose to te aroha keeping the kaimais on your right. I think you just go straight until you come to the end of that road and turn right. When you get to te aroha you sort of do a zig zag and go over the river turn left onto the main st. Then about 10ish km north out of te aroha you turn left over a bridge probably a sign that says morrinsville or awaiti. Over the bridge then take the first right on to awaiti rd at the end of that you turn left (continue straight) on sh2 for about 2km/a couple of straights then on a left hand bend there will be a sign saying coromandel and a turninf bay thing so you turn right to continue straight and take that and goto to the end of that rd. Comes out just before the bridge at kopu turn right over the bridge and follow the signs for tairua.

Easy as pie.

Basically drive along parallel to the kaimais worst case you end up going through paeroa which is about the same distance just curvier

• Like 2

If anyone is cruising through wellington wednesday night/leaving welly early thurs morning I'd be keen to jump in. If nah I'll get to vinegar hill somehow wednesday night and jump in with someone there.

the boys are stopping in Vinegar Hill tonight I believe. Then off to Coromandel tomorrow.

first printed 1974

this one reprinted 1978

Its fucken 6 years older than me

AA road atlas

Yes it has a flow chart of why your car does not run or start.

how rad

Should probably take this just incase my car wont start and while Im balls deep in the engine compartment trying to get it to run, Niki can check out and compare birds to the pictures in the book.

• Like 3

New exhaust getting its final welding as we speak, longest I've driven the Starlet with new carbs is 20mins to the workshop. 8 hour drive to Coro from the Wairarapa ahead of me today, am I doing this Nats thing correctly? Anyone leaving LNI this afternoon?

• Like 1

Those AA Road Atlases rock. I have the hardcover version with the native birds, trees and shit, and also the soft cover version with (now horribly outdated) street maps of major (and some minor) centres in the back. Always remember that the travel time charts therein are calculated as being driving time only for those who travel at about 70 km/h on the open road or are using a low powered car (they were published when the limit was 80).