Matts daily Coon ute of wooooooosh.

mjrstar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consumption is 11l /100 after calulating the last fuill up, and its showing 9.5 on the trip computer so its a bit confused by the injectors....not bad for the short trips and I have been using a bit of boost here and there.

I wanted to install a reverse cam after how useful it was in my triton. To do this properly first I need to up spec from prestige sound to premium to get a colour display in the dash. Audio comes in 3 spec's poverty, prestige, and premium.

So popped out to a ford dismantler this morning and brought these

20140704_100738_zpse5661c63.jpg

Probably could have got away with just the top surround with the larger opening for the screen but I also didn't like the silver ICC surround as it was a bit glarey. Plus the dude did me a sweet deal on it!

I won't bore you with the detail of the swap and the comms between the body control module, ICC, and the display.

Cue rubbish mobile pics:

Before.

20140704_100515_zps74bfa71f.jpg

After..

20140704_111351_zps7a283e3d.jpg

• Like 3

The cd player and its brains are coded to the chassis number as is the body control module. Thankfully the icc and display are not, so this is a dead easy swap which does not require a trip to your fraud dealer.

When I obtain and wire up the camera I will need to see the blue oval boys to tell the bcm to switch modes when reverse is selected.

Actually I'm thinking of all the cars I don't like.. Then I give them 250kw and suddenly they seem pretty dam cool.

Same transformation of Opinion can be achieved by using the slam stick.

I drove 10speeds v8 manual ute once. It was a holden but it scared me nontheless. Rain, dark, expensive powerful ute that wasn't mine and that I couldn't afford to fix was the main reason haha.

Still not sure if I'd rather a v8 or turbo 6 if I were to get one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the camera all sorted out, this was a bit of a mission - the icc screen had RGB input voa a factory loom, but cameras only feed out composite video signal. A company in aussie sell a kit which converts the signal and patches into the factory loom which was great - it has also given me a USB output for charging a phone / whatever and a second switchable video input for the screen.

I'm thinking I'd like to use my tablet to feed info via the OBD2 output (which i have already figured out using the torque for android app) into the second video input. Not sure A: how if my tab can output video signal and B: finding what signal I can convert to composite output (assuming tablet will output HDMI if anything)

Other than that just loving the lazy torque this thing smashes out, I just need my wife to calm down a bit on the throttle control to prevent the back end stepping out on her unintentionally. it won't do my tyre budget much good.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of proof that the ute is getting occasional use for ute type duties..   8)

20140817_125637_zps85902232.jpg

I also found it some new shoes in the weekend as the orignal dunflops were pretty well finished off. I has been considering a set of cheap semi slicks for the rear, but came to my senses, Firestone had a 4 for 3 special on Brigestones which enabled me to grab a set of 245/40/18 RE002's for $950. 

I have been doing a bit of OBDII datalogging and I am working towards getting some data to display on the in dash screen for a bit of a laugh i have the HDMI to AV converter (not great video quality) but still waiting for my tablet to HDMI converter to arrive..

• Like 1

The gauges auto scale, it's seen about 19PSI boost and just on 600HP. Dudes in oz have had rolling road printouts with 10-15 hp of the calculated displayed HP.

As for impressing the ladies i'm not sure my wife would give a shit how many horsepower it has so long as it has comfy leather seats.