Matts daily Coon ute of wooooooosh.

mjrstar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It seems to stay cooler in the sun with the dose of sound deadner on the roof.

anyway this was next on the hit list -

20151231_182518_zpsbvoc03h6.jpg

Yes I am aware that a single pot sliding caliper really is the hillman hunter of braking layouts. But these units are at least an aluminum caliper and will take a vented disc.

But when the ford accountants specified 300 mm solid rotors on the rear of the FG'S on the entire range *excluding FPV, something has to be done.

20160101_113630_zpshwrffadb.jpg

Check out the size of that original pad.

20160101_112904_zpsugapout9.jpg

Job done.

20160101_113900_zpssc4s8u5c.jpg

seems to have reduced the brake shudder and sits a bit flatter on heavy braking which is nice.

• Like 1

Yes and no... these are just a pair of $100 territory calipers, but if your FPV came with 4 pot brembos on the front then these calipers are what is fitted to the rear.

Normally referred to as 328mm PBR, and painted red if found on the back of a typhoon or GT. Intersting thing is that these were fitted to the BF turbo and XR8 too, so yeah nice and easy to get hold of.

• 2 weeks later...

Brake shudder is a curse I reckon that Ford don't want tell anyone about the "fix" just so we spend dollars on pads , rotors , suspension , steering tyres etc! . I had the dreaded shudder on the motorway , like the wheels were about to fall off . Had front rotors replaced and still the shudder ...........The fix , undo the master cylinder from the booster , gently pull out the actuator , hold the nerled rod with small vice grips and turn the hex head clockwise a few flats........no more shudder. Also when car goes in for service , tell them to leave the bloody thing alone!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the leaf spring is a bit of a laugh, but it does distribute the weight in two points instead of just at the point where thr coil mounts.

If you buy a commodore ute it will have IRS but you'll be limited to around 500kg payload. (And will be lacking a turbo)

With the sort of stuff I use it for IRS and lower payload would be ok if it improved ability to get the power down.

Also NVMYPAJ the servicing happens in the shed at home. Im not paying fraud to do a rubbish job of servicing my ute.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...