1gge to 1ggte conversion

SlipperyGX71

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

View My Video

If this video doesnt sway you then i dunno what will. 

A 1ggte gx71 is equal to a 1gge gx71 until you pull 3rd gear btw. Its proven by OS members. So your making no gains.

In the end its your car, But its a rare car and we dont want to see it ruined by some cefiro/rbarmy person as its a dream car for a few of us.
/lock

• Like 3

Haha all this hate makes want to finish this conversion even more haha got love forum heros! Dont no how changing the engine makes the car any less rare?! My 1g needs extensive bottom end work im going to run the gte and if i like it il continue building that engine but if i dont il start saving for the work to be done on the na motor. And refit that its not like its that hard. And im nt an rbarmy guy i hate rbs.

• Like 1

There is no hate dude.

And as for making it less rare its because it is a FACTORY 1GGE! There isnt many in NZ anyway ad they are still fetching decent cash in Japan.

Not to mention with a 1ggte youll create more headaches for yourself.

End of the day your car, but im sure ANT and mitch will be more than willing to buy it... 

Hahaha that is the best thing I've ever seen. I'm selling everything I own to get that awesomness.

So we're all in agreement then, Slippers is selling his gx71 to me or someone like me, then he's buying a supra, then we're going to combine our skills to build a gx71 music car. Problem averted

What are 1G's like as a manual? ( Just bought one to throw into my Carina ) I've had one in a stupid ass auto Chaser - and I only drove it for a week before I swapped it for a B18CR integra... Which in my opinion was a whole heap more fun...

As a Manual do they have more get up and go? Or they still really underpowered type things.. Is the Turbo conversion worth doing? I'm use to quick and responsive 4age's and other 4 cylinders so havn't really got a clue what 2 more cylinders play out like...

1G-G manual is a fairly sweet Engine, New they were rated at 150 horse, now it is NOT more than 100. 15˚ Timing advance on 98, they are pretty lively. As long as it's manual, it'll be a great responsive revvy motor. The WORST thing for a 1G G is an automatic transmission. May as well get a Pleb spec 1G-F if you want an Auto. I just need a lighter fly on mine and replace the master and i'll be playing music on the daily. 

I say turbo it if you want to make your car more fun to drive.

I remember Waz had a 1GGTE setup in a GX51 that he had no ends of trouble with... Back when it was a lot easier to get motors when things went aplodey.

Made some alright power but lightswitch power delivery apparently. Gave up in the end because it was too unreliable.

For all of the fluffing around you may as well just plonk a 1JZGTE in there though, with the early twin turbo engine it's not any harder to wire up etc and you get better power, better reliability, better economy.

It would end up costing you $4-5k+ to get a legal 1GGTE or 1JZGTE in there though.

inb4 rotary or LS1 suggestion