Nics Engineering page of 3d Scanning, CNC machining and other junk

NicT

siemens manuals are frustrating, especially as they never have examples,

the automation.seimens.com forum generally answer overnight.

you may already be aware, vinay kumar @ cncdesign is the only 840 guy worth speaking to in nz.

I'm not aware of much yet, only got it running on Monday. It's not in German but it basically assumes you already know the controller inside out when it tells you to change something.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

havent used a d in ages but will have a flick through tomorrow if you dont get it sorted,

should be as simple as a maintenece button on the left side of the "home"/outermost screen then a parameters button & scroll down 1 million pages

Any luck?

Has anyone used bobcam 4 axis for solidworks with out smashing the computer screen?

Has anyone used bobcam 4 axis for solidworks with out smashing the computer screen?

Rubbish software, Ill hand programmed in conversational on the controller before i touch Bobcam again.

Surfcam and alphacam are good. Cheaper stuff like VisualMill 2014 is pretty damn good for the price as well ($1950 + GST)

since we are on inlet manifolds.   this has come back to haunt me. 

pic_0007s.jpg?w=700

new owner is going rwd chassis, so needed to be cut up (again) for rwd format.  shortened runners to work better with his cams and turbo /because drag car

dsc02547s.jpg?w=700

was going to go in another direction with this. but seemed like a good opportunity for more dual plenum testing. (v2) 

cone is made from a peice of 2" tube.

dsc02552s.jpg?w=700

ps: i cnc'd  this with my hands.    was there not a fabrication thread somewhere? if not there should be

• Like 1