Be4vers JZX91 Mark II

be4ver

So this popped up on a facebook buy sell shit page friday night....

qjr0.jpg

Ive kinda wanted one for a few years and have been quietly pining over the couple on here recently (most recently SEEN88s one) also a few pretty sweet ones on the jzxnz site.
So after a car boner inducing google image search i decided i needed it in my life. Especially so because my partner has somewhat taken over use of my courier after i sold her car.

Saturday i went and got it and today subsequently cut the stupid high ass springs down a shit load. 
This proved a little tricky as i didn't have the splined nut socket thing required to remove the damn wheel nuts. so i did it with the wheels on!

but i succeeded..

ekev.jpg

l9vm.jpg

o3wa.jpg

Also painted the grill black, think i might do the badges black too. Black on grey never hurt anyone.

5wnf.jpg

Pretty happy with it only a couple minor things to fix up and it will be sweet. The back window went down and wouldn't go back up at the start of my trip home, i then discovered the heater won't do warm air (air conditioning works mint though) so drive home was a little chilly. Just that and the mad clear coat peeling on the bonnet, roof and boot which i'm not too sure what i'm gonna do with yet.

Now gonna hunt out some wider/nicer wheels and some adjusties and i'll be happy. Really digging the black wheels so that's what i'm leaning towards at present

and some pics of the old mark II with big younger brother mark II just cos.

p89g.jpg

tuo0.jpg

xrzt.jpg

x6k2.jpg

• Like 2

so i found these puppies.....

need opinions, i was wanting dark coloured rims but these are here and look pretty pretty, and possibly quite reasonably priced. 

they are 19x9.5jj +38  they fit so flush on the front and only JUST rub on the inside but that's nothing a few washers can't fix.... :-D

there is also a set of 18x9jj +30 exactly the same there but i feel those wouldn't look as VIP. Just worried about the cost of tyres on 19s

zazi.jpg

hauo.jpg

kvtb.jpg

yiq1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tires more depend on quailty for price, not size.

Cheap = cheap

quailty = quite dear.

17's are plently big enough, its tire size and height that dictate how it will look.

Sean's looks okay on my 17's, and its still relatively high too..

Looking much better though, EFDH are a sweet 'VIP steez' wheel

They look to be in mint condition??

DONT paint them black,

'twould be a crime.. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...