SOHC

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

casting party

OK, so....  today i found my home made forge is rubbish, much like the junkheap finds i made it from and the lid collapsed from the heat.

Do you still do casting?  i can bring my half melted cans over and use your door parts to cast the ones i need in alloy if that's ok?

OK, so....  today i found my home made forge is rubbish, much like the junkheap finds i made it from and the lid collapsed from the heat.

Do you still do casting?  i can bring my half melted cans over and use your door parts to cast the ones i need in alloy if that's ok ? 

I still do casting, they wouldn't last long in alloy, we could try to do them in bronze,

Yeah, you'd almost definitely want furnace refractory material. Even fire bricks probably wouldn't do the trick. If you were local rusti, I could scavenge from furnace brick work seconds for you to try but it's probably not cost beneficial to send bricks to you from south to north.

• Like 1

Kaowool is the best for a cheep lpg fire, line an old steel bucket with it, it needs to be round and the burner offset to get the flames to spin round your crucible

Is kaowool actually heat resistant enough? Iv thought for years it was just glass fiber!