ruff kunt automotives ms63 crown wagon "blue whale"

Sweet, abit of a warning that they wont look as awesome as those ones I gave to Lee, those are old as and came from the states, they have a nice simple sidewall which makes them look 'right'. But I find the modern radials look good enough, especially for the price, plus they are a modern tread design that last for ages.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well according to the guy we normally use for tyres

you cant get Champiro's anymore, well not in that size anyway.

i dont believe them haha

might just call around for some second hand ones and get them striped

Also the center caps are lees, I dont really like them that much. maybe have a look in his build thread for the 5I

hey spence, do you have any contacts for freight forwarding??

I got a price for some hercules MRX plus IV tyres which seem to have pretty sweet tread design

Auckland price $235.00 including

Hercules%20MRX%20IV.gif

Can buy them in the states $77NZ each

Would one assume shipping, tax etc would be more than say $300?

And what sort of time frame i wonder.

They are still available here so I'd say he's all shit, or they possibly never brought them into NZ in big numbers. Try a Kumho store, you could try buff the crap off the sidewall to make them look better? was thinking about it with mine.

Also those centre caps are just normal 'spider' centre caps, available all over the e-nets (moon eyes store etc), its just a bullet cap that extends to cover the studs.

asc500-b.jpg

EDIT: yea theres that site I used for freight forwarding, but for tyres it wont work out so well, he's air freight only, I would guess anywhere from $250-$400 to ship those. Then you will get stung for customs fees and GST. Try Kumho as above first

last night when i looked at those i was a bit hmmmmmmmm that maybe the profile will be to little to look good, and maybe lower it to much

however, according to the calculations;

the diameter is half an inch smaller, which means it will be lower by about 6mm.

Which is nothing........

Could be a goer accually as i will be down that may in two weeks.

I'm sure he will enjoy seeing me so he can tell me how the new owner of my old work Classic Car Services is a fuckwit, seeing as they just had a big courth fight haha

hey spence, do you have any contacts for freight forwarding??

I got a price for some hercules MRX plus IV tyres which seem to have pretty sweet tread design

Auckland price $235.00 including

Hercules%20MRX%20IV.gif

Can buy them in the states $77NZ each

Would one assume shipping, tax etc would be more than say $300?

And what sort of time frame i wonder.

http://www.kiwishipping.co.nz/kiwi-ship ... reight.asp

Ask this guy... Steve Curle is the man - he bought over some stuff for me a couple years ago and it was relatively painless. (basically he is the US version of Ewan at Hayatonka)

Note: If it is cheaper to send them to Welly than to Napier, then I can pick em up and store for you. Plus Lee wants some stuff from the US IIRC - and if we are going down that road then I may jump on the bandwagon for a couple small things too..

http://www.kiwishipping.co.nz/kiwi-ship ... reight.asp

Rough estimation would be NZ$300 for the tyres $150 for freight and $100 for GST and tarriffs so would be a shitload less from the States albeit 4-6 weeks if you get it in the right cycle for a container coming here..