Ned's Slam-Trailer

Ned

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much :)

I have some bits here now, just need to find a place to buy steel that i can get home (so not 8m lengths unless i can get them delivered)

Need my panel beater to at least finish the KP so i can put it outside while i work on this/only wanna work on 1 thing at a time if i can

So next week maybe?

That's in Hamilton... And I don't really k ow anyone. asked a few people but to no real avail.

I already called easy steel and they look like the guys to go with... Haven't received any prices but they were easy to deal with, cut it up to decent chunks and will deliver for $40 a tonne.

• 3 weeks later...

made some changes, so i could make a cut list properly etc after getting all my bits in the mail.

Mainly just a pic dump for Chris, who wanted to see it.

note; the axle will get cut after building the trailer, as it's just there to make sure shit is straight during the build :)

So changed the draw bar to 75x50x5 and made it go back to one of the cross beams.

KM2KL.jpg

and thats how i want to do the stub axles.... The back of the stub axles will sit 5mm shy of being flush with where we'll cut the axle, so we could get some weld in there, and not cut the stub axle when we cut the axle

0TAxi.jpg

Seeing as you're last welding attempts went so well are you going to glue it up yoself?

Nah, Chris the trailer builder has kindly offered his services if i keep him well lubricated and line his pockets a little

• Like 1