Lowering compression ratios on a 20v silvertop 7agTe

ae85 fiend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, but in this case bran new smallport 4agze (8.9) pistons are only around 400 dollars including rings. tried, proven and cheap.

rods on the other hand, not so much for 7a.

4a much better bang for buck imo. but guess thats not what this is about

yup, but in this case bran new smallport 4agze (8.9) pistons are only around 400 dollars including rings. tried, proven and cheap.

rods on the other hand, not so much for 7a.

4a much better bang for buck imo. but guess thats not what this is about

Real? From where dude? The cheapest I could find was $649. I've already got the forged rods, so thats no problem there.

From what I have heard/ read it is indeed the rod bolt that lets go, I have heard of some guy in Aus who replace the rod bolts with ARP items and is revving his 7age to 8500 without a problem. I think the fact that most people boost these engines and really lean on them is the reason why people replace the rods straight off the bat.

I wonder what the actual strength difference is? The blacktop ones are pretty damn tiny coz they wanted them to be as light as possible, but I wonder how much strength they actually sacrificed, or whether they are made of stronger material to compensate.