toy-mota 1974 Toyota Landcruiser

toy-mota

Bizzo do you meant the tan/brown one - A guy with the last name Robinson IIRC? A builder with a hell of a slug moustache.

If that's the one then he has had that since I was in my early teens and has daily driven for work since then so that's nearly 25 years.

Must have some EPIC mileage on it.

Bizzo do you meant the tan/brown one - A guy with the last name Robinson IIRC? A builder with a hell of a slug moustache.

If that's the one then he has had that since I was in my early teens and has daily driven for work since then so that's nearly 25 years.

Must have some EPIC mileage on it.

Yup that's the one (the name is Rob Donaldson so close enough!) He's lived there since we've been there and has it as long as I can remember, so yea, over 25years. Rob's still got that sweet mo and is a flippin GC good sort.

He got a fibreglass cab for it yeeeaaaarrrss ago (I remember it sitting in front of his crib for ages) and then everything disappeared for what seemed like a long time. Came back all lushed up and he was back to using it daily – I would hear it start up every morning, was awesome.

Was having a chat to Rob before Christmas and unfortunately the ol girl has some serious chassis rust so this, combined with an upgrade to a later model cruiser for more leg room (ute with the same tan for the cab), means the 40 is parked up at the moment.

He’s been on the hunt for a decent chassis for it but nothing yet – so if anyone knows of a decent, non rusty ute chassis I’ll pass the details onto him as that beast needs to live again!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Yowzer

I had a manual choke hooked up on mine coz the exhaust one did the same.

I never used it though coz it didn't really make it any easier to start.

Guest toy-mota

just dunlop road grippers? they come off the new single-cab land cruisers,there 16x7.5,good swap from SAT's.i got mine second hand but new still as new, the council was upgrading all there new land cruisers that they got to bigger/wider mud tires so i got these cheap as the tyre place had 20 sets of them

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...