Rookie

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

yeh I want some of those for my cg125. lol

I got some sweet grips from this oldschool English bike wrecker in Melbourne. Was the best shop I've ever been to. burman boxes and amal carbs for Africa.

Now lower that rear guard and ditch the indicators STAT!

I want to see small pebbles wedge in between the tyre and the guard and make a cunt of a noise.

The front guard on my CB does that. The noise is 589% worse than fingernails on a blackboard. :P

Good work on getting it on the road btw!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So... I didn't make it home from work the other day.

When I went to leave I turned the key on and the light didn't come on,  Never mind it must have blown a bulb or something, I have heaps of time to get home.

So I was cruising along at 100 and I heard a miss, thought that was weird,  pulled over to check it out and had a look and I could see anything out of place, except now it wouldn't rev above idle, a few more minutes of mucking around with it and I got some more life back into it.

By this time I had rung Maria to come and get me, so I carried on anyway, I got about another 10ks and it did the same thing, so by this stage I just pulled over here and waited to get picked up.

IMG_20130807_173801_zps3f762ac2.jpg

Over the weekend I managed to have a look and it turns out that the heat shrink on the wiring to the rec-reg had moved?!? and caused a short. So I full length heat shrinked the wires and it now seems to be gravy, it killed my battery though so I have to get a new one.