Rookie's '74 CB360 Bobber

Rookie

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alfalfa

Good caaaaarnt just rode out for a shakedown and delivered me a pie at work! Then something happened on the way home, uh-oh! Tune in for updates...

Guest Rookie

Lower those forks as well mexicaaant!

You are a muppet, look how low it is, I couldn't lower those forks even if I wanted to.

Ooooh and paint Center circle of front drums and bottom section of forks black

That works if you don't have a black motor, so they will be staying as is for the moment, I want to rebuild the wheels with polished hubs, new stainless spokes, and black rims though.

Ok, my story of woe. After a few positive test rides yesterday, I decided a bigger trip was on the cards. Thriller sugested that I ride out to his work to have a look at the bridge he is building, so that was settled. This morning I woke up with a bit of a hangover and managed to roll out of bed at 9:30, had osome breakfast and hoped on the bike, grabbed a couple of pies from the local bakery and stashed them in the ammo tin (it makes a dreadful pie transportation device in case you were wondering) and onto the road. Everything went well on the ride out ( except the pies of course), got a few waves from other bikers and shit, life was good.

Got to Atiamuri and had a look at the bridge (shit is sweet) , jumped back on checked fuel and oil, everything was in line so off I went, I made it about 30 seconds into the ride home before it started raining, so I soldiered on, apart from what felt like my face getting tattooed everything was fine. Then I got to the end of Tirohanga Road, and backed off the throttle to slow down and it started back firing like crazy, through the intersection and on it again, shit got real noisy, so I stopped and as soon as I did, I saw that one of the exhaust clamps had come loose, and the exghaust was hanging from the engine, causing it to crack about an inch out of the head, it was pissing down by this stage so I was in no mood for fucking around, I twisted it and broke it off, jammed it into the ground and took off again. By the time I got home I was mostly deaf and soaked to the bone, I then noticed the the rear guard bolts were loose and it had dropped down enough for the tyre to wear through the indicator wires and short out the flasher.

I then jumped in my car after I got into a fresh set of clothes and set off to retrieve my exhaust pipe, to make matters worse I ran out of gas for my welder on friday so I couldn't fix the exhaust anyway. When I got back I had a cunning plan, so I went round to Tom's and grabbed his gas bottle and got stuck in. It is all fixed now, but holy shit what a day hahaha.

Also the motor is still in one piece, and the bike cruises very well so aside from the teething troubles I'm pretty stoked.

• Like 1

Guest Rookie

Pretty sure this pic shows it pretty well?

2013-01-24204347.jpg

Also Go the drag bars on it tonight, give it a ride to work in the morning to see how it goes.

Guest k-trips

His fingers have snapped off and can't type a reply - if he does reply it's probably because he is typing with a pencil in his mouth.

Guest anglia4

COMMUTE CLOCKED.

Thats a sweet ride through there.

Bet it was cold though!!!

I picked up my bike from mum and dads last night, then it was cold this morning so I took the stang to work with the heater on :)