Christchurch meets Discussion Thread.

felixx

I'd try Gordy from TeamSshhh to borrow this if they cover the fines haha https://m.facebook.com/TeamSshhh/photos/pb.556810521036943.-2207520000.1435750533./948409701877021/?type=1&source=54 .

Or yeah if they don't mind being stacked I could for a few in my van .

Richy showed me some pictures of that the other day. Fuck it's sweet. So well done.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No pub out at Leeston.... Haven't built it yet,

What about methven? There's two pups there and they have fire places and pool tables

And it's an hour cruise (one way)

Turn at Templeton go inland to methven then on the way back head to raikaia and

head back on the main south or go through Leeston

Done it a couple of times it's a nice drive and good food at the end

Just an idea anyways,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone want to buy my 1979 KE35 for $4000? Probably seen it at a meet but i'll upload some photos. Can come with heaps of parts including a spare engine that dropped a rod (head and all other parts are fine). Paint work is average (somebody has sprayed white directly over the red original paint and it's peeling in a few limited spots), body has some dents. Wof and Reg till September. Engine is running a bit rich, dizzy out of line ill fix it this weekend. The spark plug hole on the number 2 cylinder needs the thread or something retapped it seems to vibrate loose after about 2 weeks of driving causing that little cup to fill with oil and plug to misfire and then you have to tighten it every week (takes like 2 minutes) or be prepared to stuff a rag in to soak up the oil. Interior is average torn seats under covers. 

Pretty much a driveable project, 4 speed 4k-u. Selling cause I bought a van and don't need 4 cars, or more, i can't store 4 cars. Drivers door does not lock, boot has trouble unlocking takes a bit of effort. Ignition coil needs a resistor installed, I can give you one out of the kp. Only rust i've seen is minor surface rust on the bonnet seems fine apart from that. Standard steelies without the cool hub caps. Horn stopped working a week ago. I'll sort out as many problems as I have time for but the KE26 absorbs most of my time.

Extremely noisy, but haven't been green stickered yet. Standard ride height.

That's every single problem i'm aware of. I'm clearly not very good at a salesman pitch. It has character to say the least. Seriously a coat of matte black and bog to fill in the minor dents, makita one way adjustables, flipped leaves, and some modgies and you'll be away laughing down the road with a billie in one hand and a durry in the other. Then if it breaks down you can always take it out on the shazza and the kids.

post-18554-0-96929300-1438565603_thumb.jpg 

• Like 2