2007 HiAce dpf / Diesel Particulate Filter delete?

eke_zetec_RWD

Does anyone have any experence with these systems.

my van keeps blocking its DPF and going into limp mode. Quite a inconvinence really.

can i pull out all the sensers and remount them into a straight pipe?

that way the ecu still sees everything but theres no actial filter to block or something along those lines...

toyota did a forced burn but all they managed to do was put a few litres of diesel into my new oil and

cause a new engine check fault.

Any one? chur

At least giving it a treatment of cure - it can't harm it right - and sending a sample of fuel to be tested. (by Goughs or one of the oil company labs)

Back when I was spannering then 9 times out of 10 it was not the fuel supplier that passes the diesel bug - its more often than not the individual servo and its often the small servos that have a workshop attached.

Mainly because they have low volume turnover but also I suspect that at some point in the past they have drained someones tank of fuel from cross mixing fuels or whatever other reason and then they do the dodge and just chuck that 60L or whatever back into their underground tank thinking the 60L of contaminated dispersed amongst 3000L of noncontaminated will be fine. But they have just contaminated their tanks with diesel bug and when the conditions are right it will spread like wildfire. Man is it a cunt of a thing to clear out.

After typing all this I'm not even sure if diesel bug will get by the combustion process- so I'll just shutup - LOWL

Yeah that^ It's nasty.

Dad gets them frequently, it's usually farmers filling up out of their crappy farm tanks.

Generally requires complete strip of fuel system and clean out and is great for causing thousands of $ of damage to fuel pumps.

I have zero experience with these but know about the correct low ash oil etc and not to add anything to the diesel on a modern Toyota.

I think the problem may be that the 02 sensor(s) and various other sensors that run it will trigger the check engine lamp due to it not getting the correct infomation therefore trying to run maps that it doesn't have.

Don't they burn off themselves under the right conditions?

I'd like to try it but as yet have not much knowledge of these fancy computer controlled emission equipment.

Talked to old man about it and he said it won't be anything to do with the bug.

He basically said that they need a huge burn off every now and then. And if it gets too bad the whole EGR system will block up with crap and eventually need to come off to be cleaned.

He seemed pretty sure that you can cut the filter out and replace it with pipe if you put the sensors back in.

As far as i know these do run a regeneration cycle/late injection to burn out the DPF. Usually only on open road trips, engine up to temp, sustained at over 2000rpm for about 20-30 mins or so, if the DPF light is on then it will need to be plugged into a scan tool and a stationary workshop burn off procedure would be required If the light is just flashing then open road driving should burn it out.

Let me know if you want me to look at it jase.

• you can do self burns. if it get too clogged then you'll need to get toyota to do a forced burn
  • often you can take them to bits and clean the filters out in water too
  • cutting it out wont work: if it's anythign like the isuzus then they calibrate themselves to the pressure differential at each start
  • so you coudl ditch it buit you'd need to get the right back pressure to make it think it's still got the DPF fitted.
  • super low ash oil is a must!
  • ask toyota what to do when the light comes on. often if there's a light on it simply means, don't turn the vehicle off til the ligth goes out as it's doign a self burn. if you turn it off it'll just poo out. other lights might mean it'll put it through a forced burn if you hit the dpf buton(if fitted)
  • it's a reasonable system, but sadly it relys on everything being in top condition. our diesel doesn't help matters, given it's quite dirty.
  • how come my shit's in bullet points? weird.

You have the right oil aye? I dont know how many people come into work with errors coz they think they can cheap out on the oil with these stupid new DPF systems.

this

sadly these kinda of systems are never going to go away, and are getting more complex. SCR is in cars/vans now. even some jap diesel cars, not jsut trucks!