Compressor and Air Tool Questions

felixx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could imagine myself with more destroyed hands than I do with a standard hose clip on an air line, if I had those bowtie cruimp fittings.

I like airlines with lush swaged ends liek this

466942629_745.JPG

I've always found them fine. much better than a sharp hose clip strip end

and you only have to do it once

and you don't need a million dollar crimp tool

Also, can you recommend any guns? Firstly for say epoxy primer, and secondly for paint.

I have had about 5 guns now and really rate the current one for a DIY gun of decent quality. It is a Wellmade gravity Fed gun(decent brand) gun valued at just over 200 retail.

Get a 1.4 tip gun and itll basically spray everything you want with some playing. If buying two guns then a 2.0 tip would be good for filler/primer and epoxies/thick stuff.

Ive never sprayed with any pro guns so cant really comment there however I was told not to buy second hand guns.

Gaz

My replacement hose is like this http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld ... B000BOB9MS

Tempted to just chop the fittings off, they are 1/4" NPT male fittings apparently, not internal thread like I wrote above.

Why not just buy the fittings to go on the ends? Not too badly priced. Or if you're running it as the line between compressor and air trap just connect it all up without fittings. Maybe I missed something though..

I would have thought even with quick connect fittings you could piss the air out an open end faster than a compressor could keep up. I will look into that though as it interests me. Would only affect the tools with highest air use as well I would have thought.

edit: even with pretty good google-foo skills I couldn't find a simple answer so I give up :lol: TBH though, I wouldn't worry unless you actually find it an issue. I ran my sand blaster off 10 or 20m of hoses with quick connectors, then into water trap / pressure reg, then onto one of those cheap shitty coiled hoses which connects to the gun. It still worked fine, perhaps there would be room for more performance there, but I was getting the pressure the gun was rated for so i'm not sure how much it's actually affected. Happy to be educated though if someone has some facts.

bawse. that's the same head as is o my petrol one. did like 10 years of never being turned off, perched in a little lean to in a dusty yard. had a re ring and head rebuild and did workshop duty at my old mans house for 5 or 6 years then the motor fucked out when it tipped over in the floods of '04.

bodged a briggs on it and an unloader off a mercedes truck and it's lush.