ASSISTANCE: Looking at a motorvehicle in Christchurch

kyteler

Hah, I am interested, one of those things when it's out of your site, you forget about it. Especially when you've as atrocious a memory as I do.

I'll ring a hire place tomorrow and organise a trailer then drive up this weekend, get it out of your way. Or maybe as you mentioned on the ol' txtarino, advertise it on here and Datsun and see what happens. So long as you don't mind visitors scoping it out.

Whether I do want it would come down to this car.

Ask Ed how long I've been looking for a 1983 KHR30, Red over Blue/Black. Hhahah, too long.

Let me know what happens with the 240C though, depending on prices and the rest of crap I can probably get it or just find someone to get the wagon if it's not me anyway. My flatty probably wants it and I know another guy looking for something too.

sup.

Check for rust in the following areas:

- Front inner guards, by the strut towers (the triple skin here tends to rot out from the inside)

- Chassis rails

- Around the bottom edge of the rear windscreen, especially in the corners where the C pillars meet the boot

- In the boot, mainly the spare wheel and toolkit storage wells

- Bottoms of doors

- Underside of bonnet and bootlid

- Bottoms of A (and B) pillars

- Under the bootlid rubber seal

- Firewall around the brake booster/master cylinder

- Radiator support panel

so yeah, just the usual places I guess.

Oh, and I reckon a quick appraisal of the interior would be handy, just so old man Michael knows how much money to throw at Ewan for replacement bits :lol:

Cheers guys, love this place. If no-one can do the Sunday then Monday will likely be OK but hopefully someone can weekend the fook out of it. I guess there's the Datsun shenanigans going on though so rules quite a few people out.