ASSISTANCE: Looking at a motorvehicle in Christchurch

kyteler

I live not far from there and can do Sunday, dependent on it not pouring down which the current forecast shows.

It would be great if you could man. I'll PM you some details.

I've been contemplating driving up to check it out myself but that's likely not the most cost effective idea.

Well it did end up raining which isn't ideal when looking over a car for rust. If it's dry Monday and anyone is still keen / available it probably would be a good idea for a second set of eyes to look over it, he does have another interest buyer looking at it this arvo though.

The main areas of concern were all in the passenger side front corner, but as it was parked in a narrow driveway against a fence it was difficult getting a decent look at it. There has been a patch cut out and replaced in the p/s front strut tower just above the chassis rail, and apparently there is some that needs patching under the front p/s guard. That guard is furked on the leading edge against the door. The front p/s corner in the engine bay has holes cut in it where it looks like it may have had intercooler piping at some stage.

There was some surface rust on the underside of the bonnet, rad support and battery tray, pretty normal. Bottom of the front and rear windows looked okay. I couldn't get a good look at the inside door jam on the A pillar, again because of how it was parked, I know these can be bad areas. Bottom of the doors inside and out looked okay. The interior was complete and in reasonable condition.

Overall it looked pretty straight.

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03848.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03850.jpg

DSC03851.jpg

DSC03853.jpg

DSC03854.jpg

DSC03856.jpg

DSC03857.jpg

DSC03858.jpg