Individual Throttle Body Question

Seedy Al

Hey guys, so I'm just playing with some Ideas in my head for my Brown Crown

Wanting to do something a bit different as I am no longer rolling with thm 3/4v setup in that. So am Going 2jz (bought the motor off spence ages ago)

I was considering going 2jz turbo, but am think I dont need all that power in a 4 speed column change vehicle.

So might run with NA

Anyway, I wanna run ITB's on this piece.

So i have a mild question.

Vacuum. When the manifold is all made, I assume I should be running some sort of balance pipes between all the throttles, and was thinking i should be running these to a vacuum tank to try level and fluctuation in pressure etc.?

and if so, what size connections would people think is enough for the balance pipes? And what size vacuum tank?

Or Am I just asking stupid questions haha

Wow, that manifold is fucken easy.

May consider doing it this way infact.

looks like the port spacing is pretty close on the 20v throttles verse 2jz intake.

but yeah, would rather tap into the runners undernethe and use fittings.

Atleast that way it wont be ugly.

Fuck seeing that manifold has made me very confident that this shouldnt be a total pain in the arse.

What ECU are you using? Vacuum accumulators dont really help much, its all in the tuning to get it running sweet. You should use a blended Alpha-N (TPS)/speed density (map) setup to get it running best, hopefully the ECU you use does this well. You will only need a tiny port in each runner for vacuum, one big one in one runner for power brakes

So, you guys are saying a accumulator is a waste of time.

Chur

No, just that they don't help the problem much. You still need one to get a decent vacuum signal for MAP, which you will need to have it run super sweet as a road car.

My old Chevette was running alpha-n only and was sweet for power at wide open throttle, but as you probably knew it ran a bit rich everywhere else and had a slight stutter when you blip the throttle. Tims managed to tune most of this out, I think still on alpha-n, but it would be supreme to get a decent vac accumulator and tune it with the MAP sensor connected, not to mention other things like cold start enrichment and some sort of idle control valve/actuator if you want to be real flash.

Ok, well At this point I may just wait till i have the motor and throttles and shit mounted and go from there.
Good idea.

if i remember correctly Brad said his accumulator didnt do much at all to help with vacuum. I dont run one at all and in fact dont even have my MAP hooked up. Im just running straight Alpha-N and its happy as. I would suggest you T off 2 runners though for your brake booster if you are going to run one. As spence said you can tune it all out of it. I have managed to and we didnt really spend that much time doing it. I think we have only done about 4 tuning runs of about a couple of hours long.