seized tie rod end.

Llama

any ideas here?

the rod end and locking nut are stuck pretty hard on to the tie rod. the ball joint has been popped and rest of that sides suspension has been removed.

has been soaked in crc and had me pulling on the locking nut and dad pulling on the tie rod end with wrenches and got no-where.

I presume I could heat it? what would I use?

cheers

Put the joint back in its tapered hole and throw the nut on a few turns - should then get a spanner in and crack the lock nut off - you'll struggle to do it with the joint out of its taper..

Except the steering arm isn't attached to the kingpin and the kingpin is not attached to the wishbone arms which aren't attached to the car...

Will investigate taking the whole rack out. Probably safer than me with a blowtorch.

Offer stands if you can get it all to silverdale. We unsieze a lot of siezed shit (kinda happens when most of the stuff we work on has lived in salt water).

Will see after its out. Last time we tried getting braking the trunion off the kingpin for the otherside we broke the vice off the bench... :\

You will probably get enough heat with a heat gun. You are only trying to expand the nut pint fuck all of a mm. If this fails split the nut with a cut off disc. I'm assuming it's not a left hand thread and that you are cranking the right direction.