bike carb on pinto,

fordcapri1980

I have had mine on and off 3 times now added an o2 sensor today and got them back on also got my self a carburetor synchrometer to help balance them. I run 1.6 mm jets on a 234 cam but I'm running a little lean need to up the size. We made our own mainfold. Just got to sort out a vacume tank next for the brakes. Which will be on the next mainfold.

They are a bit of mucking around but alot of fun when they run right. Hard to find someone that knows how

so how have you set up the vac for the brake booster? did you just plumb it off one intake runner? or do you need to link it off all 4 to get enough vac happening?

ive heard that 1.75 is the goods as a base for a pinto

im still trying to find a couple of bits for mine before i attempt anything

just put r1 carbs on a 7k in a toyota starlet wagon, 170 on the mains, moved th clip on the needles up one slot from factory, 2 3/4 turns out on the mixture screw. runs real well, 13ish on the air fuel ratio at full load. engine has had headwork, mild cam, (220ish @50") etc. drives like a fuel injected car.

really you need a vacuum tank if you want to get enough vac for the brake booster

I just run a big master cylinder and use a hard foot

I have 1/8" NPT fittings running into standard vac lines off each runner and the vac advance pulses at idle