POR 15 Engine Paint

andy

Hello.

Looking to buy some por15 gold engine paint. I'm going to brush it on. Been told I'm looking at $120 for 500mls. Can anyone recommend a good vendor or have any experience either way on this product? Will 500 ml do a 302 and C4?

Cheers.

Andy.

it wont stick to anything smooth, like a steel flywheel cover. it only sticks to really rough surfaces, i haven't tried it yet but i reckon if you roughed up the surface with 40 gritt it would stick.

dont worry about the surface looking all scratched after painting, POR15 flats out really well and looks fucking schmick.

let us know if you try it.

sheepers.

The engine paint is just a hardy enamel it is different to the rust paint (urethane), it sticks well to a clean surface scuffed with a red scotch brite pad. 40 grit is pretty aggressive pretty sure you would see them with this engine paint

i paid about $94 for 500ml just black POR15, so you got a good deal.

brushes on good but use a good brush, the $2 shop ones shed bristles and its annoying as. check out the instructions for storing the can too, as it likes to go off

The cheap epoxy an 2k way as Spencer says would be a winner but por 15 would easier I guess.

There's also a paint shop on archers rd opposite bunnings that aren't to bad so could be worth a look... called lj smits.. They do a half decent gerson mask for about 60 too..I think extra prefilters can cost though. Anyhow good luck

Its just a single pack enamel so no isocyanates on the MSDS, good ventilation and a mask rated for paint fumes (charcoal canister style) would do the trick.

Not really up with auto paints so will I get better results painting (brush) this in a hot or a cold temperature? ie. oil based paints like warmer temp as it flows better as opposed to water based which is better cold.