Furai

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally got the ITB setup in

So got the ITBs and new head in, not much power difference in figures but peak power and torque have moved up in the rev range. Peak power is at nearly 8000 and torque is flat from about 5000-7000 before it slightly drops off.

tumblr_nzmj4dSKx31rrom27o1_1280.jpg

So took it to a drift day on friday and had lots of fun making heaps of Dooort noises everywhere.
tumblr_nzmj4dSKx31rrom27o2_1280.jpg

And heres a few of the clips I got, gearbox isnt the happiest at the moment but it fine for high speed. Just doesnt like low speed changes at high RPM like the 5 speed did.
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man! Thought I better do an update

So had my first crack at competition level over the weekend. D1NZ Pro sport which is the feeder series for D1NZ-Pro.

Drove the car 3 hours down to Tauranga and my prayers were answered as it was soaking wet! I got in a decent amount of practice dialing in the car for the conditions.

12552706_1037178129638903_42856002580179

Sadly qualifying was cancelled as it kept bucketing down and there were a few crashes because of the standing water.

I was only just linking the track nicely in the wet so I was a bit concerned about the dry. So we decided on 70PSI and I went out. Even with the short run up I was linking the track, not super well but enough to qualify in 14th place!

12507107_10154022782483643_4101881683932

I had wrecked my tyres in qualifying as I had been running them all day so I put on my daily Yokos with 80PSI in hoping the slightly smaller dia would help when following. I came up against 3rd seed Calvin Clark who knows how to drive.

On my lead run I lay down possibly my best run all day which left me with a huge grin! Sadly on the chase run the rear was a bit too slipper and I was feathering the throttle and shallowing angle to try keep up which ended up with me losing. But Im still exetremely happy with how it went!

12507114_707786696028429_300598557856150

So next round is in Taupo which is another bit of a drive but its a track I have done so I should hopefully be a bit more comfortable.

Thanks to my mate Dave we have some outcar video and incar!

Out car

In car

I have also made a page on facebook so I can try and get some sponsors because as I found out its quite expensive doing competition, if you could have a look that would be much appreciated.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...