Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, Right, sucks they don't do Springs, only coil overs.

I am currently wanting to get some Standard/ slight lower Springs that's 6k front 4k rear, or something similar.

the TRD lowering springs can't do it, it's no way near as hard. It's 27N/mm front and 26N/mm rear

also they discontinued as rob mentioned.

Any suggestions?

Is there any rubber mounts or something that I can put under/ above the Trd racing spring and make the ride higher?

And yeah, you cant just burn out the bushes because they're contained in a steel sleeve that needs removal too, which can be an utter prick of a thing to do if they've rusted in slightly.

Its not hard.

The most commonly suggested method of bush removal that i have seen is to burn them out.

If you need instruction there are like 10 vids on youtube of people doing it.

I've done an SW20, an aw11 and a nissan safari truck and had no problems at all with this method.

I don't recall the AW11 or SW20 having steel sleeves in the bushes- but if they did i would have knocked them out as I did with the trucks radius arms- with a punch after first cutting the sleeve with a hacksaw. It takes about 30 seconds of cutting to get through it.

I assumed (maybe wrongly) that the 86 would not have this type of bush?

Get Chamberlains to custom make you some springs if you arent too fussed with brand name springs (Though they are Cobra). I got them to make my rear springs, which are 50mm lower than stock and 5kg/mm.

I've also never had an issue with nolathane bushes in my cars. Currently done 17,000ks in my daily since doing all the bushes, and no issues. They do stiffen it up quite noticable, so if you're after comfort rubber is a better option.

Andy I think you should bare in mind you thought the white ae86 you had was too stiff ride wise - you might want to rethink your desire for stiffer suspension, or at least ensure you dont get too stiff (springs that is not boners)

Is the heat shield touching the extractors? It might gain a bit of heat soak and cause your leads and plastic cable ties to melt from that picture?

Also if you lost coolant fluid your engine temp on the gauge may not have been reading accuratly as the temp sender unit might have not been emersed in coolant, so could have been hotter than the gauge was telling you.

Any reason why you didn't go for heat wrap on the extractors, rather than making up that heat sheild ?

It would appear you want to keep the car original, but with subtle mods, and that sheild is anything but subtle.

I don't mean to sound like a twat, and I'm sure the sheild will work, but it looks a bit shit.