Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the bolt on the bottom? Any fasteners supply shop should carry them, like EDL or Blacks fasteners. It's a M10, with a fine thread pitch (1.25). Can't remember the exact length, i want to say 20mm, but just match up the one you have.

Edit.

You'll probably find anything local will have a 17mm head instead of the 14mm head on the original bolt.

yeh rob, it is the one at the bottom.

Yes I have got one for free from EDL. It's 17mm bolt, and everything else is exactly the same, but just too long,Factory is 15mm, this one is 20ish i think. I have to get few washers or spacers to get it fit for now. But eventually I will have to find one with the same length.

Just cut it down. Or go to Toyota, they're about $3.50 each & should be available overnight from TNZ, lengths are different left & right one is 16mm & other is 18mm, no idea why.

Oh, Hope I knew this earlier, spent all day to hunt down 'ONE BOLT'

you serious? then That's bit problem because I have no idea which side the current one is.

side note: Rob you're crazy. How did you know all that shxt.

I had this issue with nolathane swaybar bushes, they were taller than standard so wouldnt fit easily. First side I struggled for ages trying to press the bolt upward until it bit into the thread, the other side I went and got a couple of longer bolts and had it done in about a minute :lol:

I had this issue with nolathane swaybar bushes, they were taller than standard so wouldnt fit easily. First side I struggled for ages trying to press the bolt upward until it bit into the thread, the other side I went and got a couple of longer bolts and had it done in about a minute :lol:

yep, that's what I did for one side, I got stuffed thumb now. then the otherside I didn't have longer bolts and was impossible to push them in..

man, that's gay.