Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm I wonder would a TRD oilfilter be better than a repco one?

Also would louis vuitton ones be even better?

Ring Ring were you happy with the way the car drove before you found out shocks/ springs / everything else were not TRD? If so, stop moaning, you brought a tidy, 2nd hand car, remember that, it is a 20 (+) year old car.

jesus, you did realise you were buying an old car right ?

this things going to need some tender loving care to keep it in tip top shape. ALso did you not look over the car at all when you brought it ??

IF i was you id chop down the bump stops a bit and leave it as it is and learn to drive it.

Listen to KPR, have a look at his threads he knows what he's on about.

hmmmm I wonder would a TRD oilfilter be better than a repco one?

Also would louis vuitton ones be even better?

Ring Ring were you happy with the way the car drove before you found out shocks/ springs / everything else were not TRD? If so, stop moaning, you brought a tidy, 2nd hand car, remember that, it is a 20 (+) year old car.

+1

Also, snow pics- I win

264332_10150248268453789_728053788_7527571_5077888_n.jpg

Also, Learn to jack up a car... Physics can sometimes play a part in it.

jesus, you did realise you were buying an old car right ?

this things going to need some tender loving care to keep it in tip top shape. ALso did you not look over the car at all when you brought it ??

Didn't he pass up so many other ones cause he was after an el cheapo?

Well you get what you pay for at the end of the day....

arh, negative, I passed up so many cheapoes/fucked ones, this is the best condition one I could find for sale in New Zealand.

in saying that, I could totally buy the one 100% factory, ok condition, and $1 auction went for 7000 ish.

and I missed the one that D1mule put on sale 2-3 years ago for 7k mint condition factory.

overall and all, I probably will end up spenting heaps more just for parts to modify these two to the current state of my car.

So let me get this right, you passed up on two 'factory condition' ones that were both 7k?

And if I recall correctly you have yours insured for 25k.......so you clearly paid too much or your car is way over valued and I doubt the insurance company would pay that =/

Unless it has 10k worth of mods, but going by your posts it doesn't sound like it? =/

I agree I probably should bought the 7k car, and mod it as I go along.

I didn't pay anything near as 25k mate, all I am saying is, if I want to import a car from Jap, and just the parts to mod to my current state would cost like 25k mark.

the parts will cost over 7k-8k easily in my car, more likely to be 10k if including the fresh paint work. the 4.778 2 way lsd along would be 2.5k if you could find one for sale right now in nz.

the only thing I missed was the springs, the rear ones still unkown. even it came with all trds around, it only going to be 400-500 dollars difference.

Andy, why are you so hung up about getting TRD Suspension?

I wanted to keep the car original that's toyota parts all the way.

but right now i am sitting on the fence, after tracking it and talking to Terran who also races his 86 levin at the track day, I am seriously thinking to get JC Golds, so much better than TRDs. He used to have full set of race trds, but he really really suggested me to go with JC golds. they're probably about the same price as TRDS but then I have to certi the BCs.

BC's will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than a set of TRD coilovers, plus your car most likely needs a cert/re-cert for something on it anyways.

Like I said, BC's are very good for the money.

Buy, slam, add pisstones of camber, destroy asain vaginas like a hentai tentacle rape monster, win.

For ae86s trd don't have coilovers I am pretty sure.

I agreed BC and TRD are totally in different level in terms of performance..