Nostalgic Hero classic car magazine visit! Chch & Auck.

AndyGal

Hisashi from the classic car magazine "Nostalgic hero" is coming to New Zealand and would like to meet up with people to get stories and photos for the magazine.

He will be in Christchurch on the 22nd and 23rd of January. We need to organise a sweet meet up of classic japanese cars on the sunday and some garage tours to show him projects.

"I would also like to meet Japanese classics owners and fans of the Auckland area. I would propose a small meeting in the Auckland area, maybe near Papakura. It can be a brunch, lunch, or afternoon tea meeting on either on Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th. My local contact can be at a business called Advanced Corrosion Treatment in Penrose, which the friend of mine runs."

He put up a thread on the nzdatsun so I can convey info across to here, but the basics are in place.

This is the Christchurch thread could someone make an Auckland one to keep things tidy.

http://geibunsha.co.jp/mag/nh/p/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's interested in Chevette's he should get in touch with Tony Lynch, who's in Dairyflat. He's the Local guru and has an HSR Replica Chevette which he's just slapped a quad carb 1uz into. Also has an original Blydenstein Twincam slant engine that was out of an original HSR and his modded lotus 2300 (which the blydenstein engine is based off) that he used to run in his chevette. Could probably arrange this if he's keen?

• 5 weeks later...

Ok guys this is how Sunday the 22nd is going to pan out.

I will pick up Hisashi from the airport at 9am and we will set off on a garage tour to show him all the up and coming projects.

I need people to pm me their address, suburbs and cars so I can plan the best way to get around.

The actual meet up will be at 3pm meeting in the CBS Canterbury Arena carpark. If theres something on we will go to a quiet corner as its such a large place.

When all the photos/interviews etc have taken place we will go for a drive over out Gebbies pass, through Goveners Bay, the tunnel, then stop at the Valley inn in Heathcote Valley for a beer and some dinner for those that want to.

Should be an awesome day.

A few rules im keen to put in place though,

- Only Classic Japanese cars as thats what Nostalgic hero is about,

- Dont tell everyone about this so dickhead boy racers show up and ruin it,

- No burnouts or dangerous driving.

- No chomes :lol:

Looking forward to a nice turnout of old Japanese cars!