DIRTY6's 1978 C331 Datsun Gloria

NicT

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys the 230 240c wagon is mine - a long term project for lisa - she wants to work on it herself while im working on the 1200. i must update my build threads :rolleyes: .

Is got an ld28 diseasel but factory manual. Will either be 1UZFE powered or 2JZ ive decided - nothing like a bit of imbreeding - will throw up a build thread soon.

Well done Chris - finally a datsun - and one you can daily - now back to work on that chevette :bounce::salute:

Hey Chris was good to meet you over the weekend, Dont tint the windows (even though I did mine before I came down) factory blue looks awesome. Your now have a fleet of cool rides including the wagon.

Fleet of cool rides would suggest they are driveable. Only riding he will get outa most of them is when someone is pushing or towing them. Almost as bad as my collection.

wow..a 331 can't be many around...what's the background on the find?...old fella parked it and would never sell to pesky kids? any chance of a pic of the recovered seats + approx cost for them to be done?

what's the story with the 430 wags..soft spot for them..

dNoZX.jpg

No story on the wags sorry Kirk, not much is forsale there... The Gloria, the guy I bought it off scored it off someone for a obscenely small amount of money because he'd heard they were just going to take it to scrap, and he decided it was far too good to scrap even if he only parked it up himself

Seats were going to be just the tops recovered, but ended up doing the whole rear seat -top and bottom due to the strange colour, couldnt find a perfect match, managed to save the vinyl and piping, bit of padding done too, cost $300

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Nice work on the head - was that cashy mates rates or walk off the road?

Also changed your titles for ya..

cheers Mate legend

That was just a walk of the road price, rang him in the morning turned up at smoko and had a yarn to him extremely nice old guy seems to love what he does from the brief conversation i had with him

Price break down for those interested.

Inspection and clean - $15

Hardness Test - $25

High Pressure Test - $60

Resurfacing - $60

Frost plug - $10

GST - $25

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone please advise me on an issue, I'm currently considering buying some 5x114.3 to 4x114.3 adaptors as just no rims in 5x114.3 that are they style i want. (I'm constantly looking at Ebay Japan but have no found anything cost effective yet)

so my question is are these adaptors legal? can you get them certd and if so what type doe they need to be?

• 2 weeks later...