Big A's Gloria

BIG A

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my dad says to me today that everyone who has seen the car in its finished state today says the colour suits the car and of course they are all asking what car it is.

So we will just have to see what she looks like when I see her in the flesh. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I got the white letters on the back but none on the front at the moment but I will be getting some new tyres when the car is back in Auckland. I have to go up a size as they dont make that particular size anymore. I am hoping to have them by the time that I have the car in the 4 and rotary show.

• Like 1

Thanks, went for the first cruise around the waterfront with the family and got a few looks by yound and old. Had some old guy come up to me and ask what sort of car is that and then he said it was a cool car. The guy was in his 60's so had a chuckle with my wife over that one.

My dad was really sad to leave the car and now I can understand, it is a cool car to drive and I have to thank him for all the work he has done on it in the short time he has had it.

There is still some stuff to finish which is cool for me as it gives me a chance to do something on her.

I had talked to my dad today and there are a couple of things he wasnt happy with and a couple of panels that he said are very slightly different shades so in a couple of years he will fix the stuff that he dosent like and we will paint the Gloria flat metallic silver.

Other option is a paint pen on the front tyres by 4nR if you can't get any real deal white lettered tyres.

What size/tyre are you going for btw? I could be in the market for a white lettered tyre in the new year.

Looking forward to seeing this in the metal, I think it turned out well.

Yea I was thinking about doing the old paint pen thing as I will be getting some tyres out of the states as getting them here is way to expensive.

The thing is that I am running two different sizes, the front is 185/70/14 and the rear is 215/60/14 so I am screwed with tyre choice for the front as they dont make that size in BF's anymore and after my slid in the rain in them I dont think I will go back to them.

I was looking at the cooper branded tyre and the firehawks as they both have white letters.

If you are thinking of getting some tyres let me know as I can chuck them in with mine and we will save on shipping.

I got my tyres for the celica out of the states and for the price of two in NZ I got four from the states.

• 8 months later...