aircooled/dave's good,bug and ugly

DavidTheCreator

My father used to race a fronte in the early 80's. Had a kawasaki 1300cc bike engine in the back, triple dellortos. It was road legal for a while, then he spaceframed the rear end and put big flares on it etc.

It was very fast but always had final drive issues, he was running a chain drive from the motorbike gearbox to the diff and the chain used to get hot and start binding up.

I will have to steal his photo album and scan some photos of it, I am going to visit them on labour weekend.

22 years ago I used to drive a 360cc fronte as my daily. Not because it was kool, but because there were quite a few of them around and they were cheap to buy. Neat car, i had a 12 sub mounted in a box in the boot that came through the rear parcel tray. I think someone on this forum owns it now ? had a NO FAT CHICKS sticker accross the rear window. Would be good to keep the original motor and hunt around for some pistons to suit. Take your old piston to a bike shop and see if they can match it up to something similar,

Another option would be a Suzuki cappuccino motor. 660cc turbo, already from a mid-mount car, and the same breed. Don't know how much potential they have though.

The suzuki cappuccino engine bolts straight up to the trans from a sc100 Fronte. They run the exact bellhousing patterns, same as the 3 cyl 800cc Alto engines. If you run a sc100 box with a 660cc cuppuccino engine it will all fit into the rear of an LC10 fronte. Will need to modify axels to suit.