treggos (ex keltik) baguette 405 build diary

keltik

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree with selling if it's not your cup o tea though, if you don't enjoy a whip 100% then why put time/money/'effort into it :)

these things are 'only' 165hp so will obviously be different to what a lot of other more 'modern' mobiles will put out.

205mi16 is a different kettle of fish too. difference between a 405 and a 205 with this engine is quite amazing.

imagine if you were trying to make a sweet track car from a 4x4 one of these though.

Ooooh i do like Calibras.....

Oh yeah, you owned one if I remember correctly. How does the 405 compare with the Calibra?

Factory driving position is fucking terrible, pedals are really close together and under bonnet design is a bit messy.

The Calibra was quicker, maybe not quite as taught in terms of handling and had a tendency to understeer a bit more than the 405. I guess a lot of factors contribute to it, but the end result being the Calibra felt like a quick sporty car to drive and the 405 just doesnt feel the same way.

Must give it points for having excellent driving manners. If only it had the power to back them up. I reckon a 4x4 turbo version wouldve been one helluva car. Only if they did the turbo right tho.

I don't get the 'driving position' thing. 405s are really comfortable to drive IMO, and feel like most cars of their vintage to sit in/operate. all french cars have pedals close together but I prefer that.(leads to sweet heel toe action)

Possibly due to me being so long legged. I cant comfortably hit the pedals because the steering wheel gets in the way. Unlike in my other cars where the seat is positioned much lower. Fuck it, im gonna draw a crude diagram up in hurr

62358168.png

Tho its not just seating position, its also down to the distance of the wheel from the firewall/pedals and the height of the dash. A lot of shit comes into play.

This discussion is good, no need to lock it down yet.

Next adventure will be to shamelessly copy clint because i love his car and it does hit the spot.

hqsH3ocGipE

So it will be NA?

If you build something like these, we might be able to negotiate letting you into the OSTCC with a 'Ewwwbaru.

077.jpg

^ this one rules. JTCC?

03091314JGTC1.jpg

sub1.jpg

but less bonnet scoop thing :P