Get more from my 4age

EvoBilly

its going to be the motueka drags just out of nelson and i have raced a few times so its not new to me i ran my old ae92 fx got 15.9 usually run my evo but to many hard takeoffs has taken its toll on the gearbox thought bout racing the ke30 but the k diff dosn't hold the 4 age power and pops and im on my last diff

page 2 and no pics best fix that

this is what i usually pit crew for

n679246569_2378104_6787854.jpg

so far ive got

pump up rear tyres harder

run sticky slicks front at low psi

mod inlet (should i make it so its behind the headlight so i can look cool and take the light off for air flow)

see about putting 20 valve headers and doing mods to exhaust

i ran this last time did 17sec on cromes and started sliping clutch ran 14" alloys and did 15.9 i think

n679246569_2377923_6121755.jpg

had good results with mine by immobilising t-vis running mega ignition advance (20- 25 at idle , total advance 35 - 40 , I think) and retarding intake cam 1/2 tooth (using other slot in cam pulley) I also ran a bigger throttlebody but that took a bit of engineering , as stated above light weight , tyres , exhaust , practice launching to suss revs and bog/spin ratio , poor mans lsd - big burnout heats r/f tyre then l/f spins on launch should hook up ok (mine went round rwd and 4wd on good days) sound like fun , yay cheap motorsport

Sugar / sand mixed into the fuel/oil of the other cars and you'll have a good chance :P No.1 for me would be stickiest tyres up front on the lightest wheels possible. Then just launch like fuck off the line and hope you get one run before you break something :lol:

Sugar / sand mixed into the fuel/oil of the other cars and you'll have a good chance :P No.1 for me would be stickiest tyres up front on the lightest wheels possible. Then just launch like fuck off the line and hope you get one run before you break something :lol:

Break somthing :shock: its a toyota will never break :)

find a set of steels or super light alloys for some sticky rubber..

getting your launches and reaction times right is key...

get your times consistant if your doing bracket racing,make your mates pshyc out and break out...win..

i did that to a guy in a crx at meremere, i was doing 15 flat and he was 14.8...so i just pshyced him out and won the class..

owned

One thing with grip, 4ages can bog down hard if you get too much, it would nearly be better to have a bit of wheel spin to get the motor up in the revs. I drove an ae82 with a 20V and an LSD it it would bog hard off the line as it couldnt break traction. My std ae101 was way better off the line as it would tahi spin a bit and get up in the revs.

One thing with grip, 4ages can bog down hard if you get too much, it would nearly be better to have a bit of wheel spin to get the motor up in the revs. I drove an ae82 with a 20V and an LSD it it would bog hard off the line as it couldnt break traction. My std ae101 was way better off the line as it would tahi spin a bit and get up in the revs.

alot of engines bog down with grip you just gotta find the sweet spot were it bogs but still has enough revs to power through