Get more from my 4age

EvoBilly

been talking bit of shit with some mates and we have decided to enter our slower cars in the next drags

57969_150057155017856_149698428387062_304762_2302448_n.jpg

so my car of choice is 1985 fxgt with a bluetop 4age with tevis only mod is a pod.

the other cars my mates running is ae101 levin 20 valve 4 age, honda crx with b16a v-tec and a accord 2.2 v-tec might and a ep91 with gt starlet running gear i know some of the comp i will have no chance unless there shit drivers

so we all have little to no budgets and there no set rules to how much we can mod our cars so i need all the tips i can to get the max i can out of my 4age for drag racing at little to no cost

things im doing already is

strip sub amp rear seat and passangers seat and few other bits with the hope of bit less weight

looking for a pair of wheels so i wont have traction issues (not that i think i would anyway)

180783_10150096363078143_606813142_6366129_2484510_n.jpg

ideas for more power?

more power?? throw away the cat if its got a stock exhaust..put in a 2 1/4" from there to the bend at the rear suspension,then go to 2 1/2"...

this set up made my ae92 haul like a mother on crack...i also only done a pod..

did 15s at meremere on GR2000 tyres....

so a set of decent rubberware up front and skinnys on the back..

drop the psi in the front tyres, and pump up the rears a bit...

drop as much weight as you can,and put sugar in your mates fuel tanks lol

You aren't going to get any power for free from that thing, that intake looks like a piece of shit maybe make that nicer.

Take your exhaust off on drag day, remove eveything from the car like door cards, that strut brace, side mirrors, wipers, fucking everything, run with as little gas in the tank you can get away with, use 98 and dial a couple extra degrees of base timing into it. Maybe try get some sticky tyres, you will still spin that thing off the line on a hard launch. Do all these things and you will still get waxed by those Hondas

the inlet pipe has changed a little from that pic that was what it came with and the pod sealed in behind the bumper infront of the wheel with zero air flow coming in

as i sell some junk i will have a lil $$ top spend just not 1000s

your screwed, as spencer says, strip as much weight out of it as possible and run good tyres up front.

sneaky turbo setup would be the way. but blow your budget, and still be useless if cant get traction.

oh and find a cheap gearbox, pull the diff out and weld it up.

haha, say no to carbs on 4ages

Boost is the real only way to get this thing down the strip quick without spending mega $$. If that bluetop has decent Km's on it its probably due to run a big end anyway, especially with a thrashing

Anyway the priorities would be stripping this to a hollow shell, I'm talking seat and steering wheel, add some firm rear suspension, sticky tires and locked diff

EDIT: I took to long see above

what...? there is zero airflow into your podfilter ???

that might give you a bit more hp if the car can breath.

there was zero i changed it a week after i got it

sweet looks like i got a bit of reading :)

was thinking maybe i should just put one of these on freak my mates out thinking i got a jet engine LOL http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/other/auction-403556960.htm

ive got a set of 20 valve headers they look like they would flow better then the cast is it worth putting them on

Haha not at all man. I'm not spewing - it's just one of those things. This is just a good excuse to make it go FASTER!!!

On a more constructive note I reckon that getting an LSD into it will give you some of the best gains. That coupled with some good tyres (maybe try and borrow some semi slicks or something) and you'll be able to give it heaps off the line. A good 60ft time is pretty much your only chance of a semi-decent 1/4 mile time in that car.

Have you been to the drags before? If you haven't then go out and practice your launches before you go. At the strip you have significantly more traction than on the road so it's not the same but knowing how to get your car off the line as fast as possible before you go will help you a lot.

Other than that Spence pretty much covered everything that I can think of.

How about building a front air dam out of cardboard to try and bring the Cd down? I have no idea how much effect this would have. Maybe an undertray to help reduce aero drag under the car too.

Edit: Shit this thread moved quickly just then!

At the strip you have significantly more traction than on the road

hah, if we talking meremere, half the time its like racing in the rain. sometimes they get there shit together tho.

you could do a dodgy turbo setup, like the 4age boys use to do back in the day. run ecu in diagnostic mode, and put a pot on the temp sensor for more fuel. should be able to get 100kw at wheels or so. dont cry when it blows up tho.

my rangi mods mate reckons to put a heater blower on the inlet pipe on a full throttle switch reckons it would give it 2-3psi or run it from inside the car with aircon for a cool charge lol

real rangi mods styles

he also said to drop all aux belts power steer alt to reduce drag on engine but i think running the alt to give it higher voltage be better

i also have a gt40 coil in one of my wrecking cars is it worth putting that in would there be any gain