Ed bought... and sold... another bloody AW11 (it's now Millhouse's)

0R10N

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all know I'll be trial fitting those P1s the instant they arrive, so will have a chance to evaluate the white :D

But have to organize pickup from teh seller in Wellingtron, then see how it goes with getting them to Taupo/further north. They may end up chilling in Testament's shed for a bit, who nostrils.

Here be some Buddycrub inspiration.

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p4.jpg

dsc_0152_resize.jpg

Yeah sounds liek a plan. Urgency for the P1s just got raised a notch, turns out after test fitting the Speedline telephone dials today that they all foul on the brake calipers, so I'd have to run spacers if I want to use them. Decided it's not worth it and will just spend the coin on tidying up the P1s immediately instead of waiting.

Add to that the fact my rear right tyre has developed a slow leak, and I have to pump it back up every morning. Ffffuuuuuu

Kinda feel bad for my mate as he ordered in a set of 14" RE-001s and now I don't want them.

Anyone want to buy some Speedlines? I've resigned myself to the fact I'll end up taking a bath on 'em; paid good money to have the kerbing removed and the faces scrubbed up... and all for naught really :cry:

/sadface

How much for RE-001's and what size?

Irving said he would sell them on for what he quoted me, which was soemthign liek $175 each, give or take a few simoleons. They are factory AW11 tyre size, so 185/60R14.

Was apparently the only four in NZ according to the distributor.

pics? how muchy?

would take $250, I easily spent that much refurbing the damn things; win some, lose some, it's all the same to me.

Will get some photos shortly but they look like these:

3105197_39_full.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this here....

:pukeright:

Okay, I admit, the blue isn't quite as horrific as the red. Have been thinking about picking up an auto AW11 SC that's been for sale for months nowe, just so I can swap the black interior across. But it's a lot of silly effort for admittedly not much gain apart from being easier on the eyes.

Dat tan?!?!

dscn16030.jpg

or another shot of the red, ohhh myyyyy :oops:

picture2042.jpg

blue is still pretty horrific though, especially under flash lighting conditions.

s5001398.jpg

hah, just noticed the positions of the handbrake and ashtray remain the same between LHD-RHD. Sucks if you're the passenger and need to ash your durry!

A 4A-GTE would be heaps fun Matt, but I get the feeling it would completely ruinate the car's usefulness as a daily :D

Just got back from bike summit. have nowe clocked up 8000km in the two months since I bought the AW!

• 1 month later...

Finally picked up my Buddyclubs the other weekend when Ricardo and I cruised down to Palmy to grab the KP.

Spun them up on the wheel balancing machine after getting the semis removed and sure enough two were completely bent out of shape, one was marginal, and the last one appeared fine. Arrow Wheels were too busy to look at them so I went to a place called WRS in Penrose (recommended by Irving at the tyre shop), who straightened the rims within three days and then dunked 'em in the acid bath for the rest of the week to have all the disgusting old white paint stripped off.

Stopped by today to see how they were getting on, and one wheel was pretty much done. Result:

6210237792_024cfbf62a_z.jpg

need to decide what shade of bronze to paint these bad boys :D

• 2 weeks later...

panelbeater is in the process of making room at his shop for the AW11, looks like I'll be rolling it in there after labour weekend. The trick is to start transporting all my good spare panels across town to East Tamaki in something with more than two seats!

Off to Kawhia tomorrow so probably won't be picking up the other three Buddyclubs until Friday. Speaking of which...

p1.jpg

p5.jpg

p1.jpg

okay so the bodykit is kinda crappy, but you get the point!