be4vers 4G63 EX Lancer 1981 Discussion

Sparkle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah just front screen, fucking bike fell off the wall onto it. dont even know when it happened. Opened the door on saturday and there was a billion pieces of window all over the floor. poor kids next door heard a few new swear words haha

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thanks man! yeah the interior is pretty rank at the mo haha you'll b glad to know i left the airbrush in the drawer today then! i covered the glovebox in more leather instead, looks much better than it would had i done anything else

a place in ash called Advanced Upholstery. it was $350 - they pretty much rebuilt it. new foam on top filled in the cracks holes and recesses in the front and speaker hole etc. pretty good considering there was a mint ex dash on trademe a while back for about the $300 mark

If its below 100mm it needs to be certed - and once you have it certed you can't change the height again (lower OR higher) unless you re-cert it..

ah, this i did not know! it would still have to be a reasonable height tho wouldn't it? my exhaust must be 50mm off the ground at one point!

how much difference would a set of 15s make to the height? obviously depends on the tyres but...

yea you can be well below 100 for cert, exhaust isn't structural so that doesn't mean shit, but talk to your cert guy about how high it needs to be for anything structural(ie chassis sump etc)

i would say you can get away with 60mmish but don't listen to me as i have no clue

By the sounds of it you have already been to your certifier so you know where you are heading (did I read he said to lift it by 15-20mm?)

The height the 15's will raise is totally dependant on the height of the tyres.

Measure the difference between your old and new tyre height. Half that difference and you will know how much the tyre will raise/lower your car..

Na haven't seen a certifier yet. I just took it to a garage here who do WOFs. There is a guy from chch who comes down to ash once every couple months to certify stuff so I want to make sure everything is sweet before he looks at it so I pass first go. Well that's the plan anyway.