Taistorms trackday potent Swifffffffft

Taistorm

Just brought this Suzuki Swift and picking it up later this afternoon. Always loved these little hatchys and you dont see many of them around. Was going to funnel my money into my Mirage project but after doing some calculations I had to get around the fact that I'm still at least a few grand away from getting it to a legal standard, and I need a daily for the mean time.

Its a bit rough around the edges but I'm hoping to turn this into a little trackday car in the near future so I can start getting into motorsport.

Its at mid 200km's so its definitely seen better days and i'm planning on giving it an overhaul in the next few months as compression was a little low in cylinder 2 (i'm pretty sure its either from worn piston rings or a bad valve but won't know til I do a wet compression test).

Here's the Tardme pics...

173284401full.jpg

173809066full.jpg

173283989full.jpg

Seems to be in pretty decent nick, interior wise it has a tear on the drivers seat and the dash has a small crack in it. Externally there's only a few scratches around the edges of the bumpers and a small dent on the bonnet. The passenger door's handle seems quite frail, seal is fucked and window is sticking.

If anyone knows where I can source parts for these it would be ideal. I'm looking at upgrading the ignition and intake, slap some widened steels onto it and slam on its ass.

Chur

ive got a little turbo here,was a factory upgrade for 1.8 and 1.9 tdi new school volkvagens,its called a garrett gt1749v(i think).bought it on tm ages ago to turbo my old one litre van but never got round to it.doesnt seem to have any shaft play in it,would be perfect for this 8)

Cheers for the offer bout I've already got a small turbo lying around that I may chuck on in the future.

Picked the beast up last night and got it home this morn. If the sun decides to come out i'll try get some decent pics. Planning on repainting the bumpers, bonnet and roof as the red is very faded however may even get around to chucking a few coats on the whole car of the original red.

Will probably get round to giving it a thorough service within the next week and replace the plugs, leads and dizzy components as well, also the cam cover gasket as it looks to be leaking oil badly. As my birthdays coming up in a few weeks im gonna treat my self and get some steels widened for this hopefully some 14x7.5"s or 8"s. Will paint them semi gloss black and run a red pinstripe around the lip. Hopefully will look bawse.

Here she is.

sdc10397.jpg

sdc10398hi.jpg

sdc10414d.jpg

The worst of the exterior defects.

sdc10403n.jpg

sdc10399d.jpg

sdc10404.jpg

sdc10406ad.jpg

Gonna black the wipers, vents and wing.

sdc10412q.jpg

sdc10413.jpg

Pretty keen to print out new stickers to replace the faded originals.

sdc10415b.jpg

Need to get rid of these poor tints and big bore ow.

sdc10417x.jpg

sdc10419x.jpg

1300 powerplant! Can anyone tell me wtf the big black box is in the second pic? Looks to be like a booster or some shit for the handbrake? Didnt jack it up and have a look to see where it connects to, will another time.

sdc10420g.jpg

sdc10422a.jpg

Hory speakers and worst of the rust which is nothing!

sdc10427i.jpg

sdc10428t.jpg

sdc10429r.jpg

Check out the hory tissue used as a spacer for this headunit (daewoo headunit lols)

sdc10411z.jpg

Pretty keen on tinting the fog/spotlights yellow. What do you guys think and whats the process of doing it? Is there a special dye that I can use to apply a yellow tinge to them?

Oh and what the efff! Went to BNT and a cam cover gasket set cost $94 exclu. gst. Would anyone be able to sort me with a cheaper deal? The engines a G13b DOHC.

Tai.

should have a vac hose or two to the intake and one going to the fuel tank breather. It just purges any petrol vapour into the intake system.

Oh yup I see, thanks for clarifying. Never had a car newer than 1989 so was quite unsure of what it was as I havnt come across one before.

thats a pretty cool car.

i member when these were the shit! kids thought they were the boss if they had one of these.

yea, also, my lumbago is playing up so its going to be an easterly wind for three days.

i think it will be cool if you go fast in this car, mainly around a track.

sheepers.

It's definitely is the quickest car I've owned which is embarrassingly sad haha, definitely packs some grunt for a 1300 though.

Oscar: Cheers bro, will give em a call about it.

Johnnyfive: Yea you don't see many twin cams around. There's a a bit of a cult following for these isn't there?

Fuck that's so ridiculous and the owners an abosolute tosser! feel sorry for that little swift.

Beaver: It won't cost alot to do any of those to tidy it up (minus the repaint which i'm not 100% sure about yet). Also won't be investing much in this until I've finished my Mirage as that's my number one priority right now however will be throwing some new wheels, blacked out guard flares and some lowering springs to drop a little. Will make it track spec later.

^^Cheers Jase, figured I shouldn't bother with the steels as this will be a little motorkhana/trackday car one day and the lighter the better. Something like these would be mint if I could get them in a 13"s or 14"s.

175949455_full.jpg

Small update..

Gave the car an oil & filter change and have stripped out the interior panels in the boot area and rear side panels to free up a little weight. I wont be removing the rear seats yet as its still the daily right now and the seats are needed! ahah. Also ripped out the shitty Daewoo stereo as it barely worked.

The passenger door lock knob/lever (on the inside) is now fixed and I can lock the door from the inside of the car instead of needing the key and locking externally.

Pictures for your viewing pleasure..

sdc10438t.jpg

sdc10439h.jpg

sdc10444a.jpg

The rust...only surface rust which is CHOICE! (I'm use to a shitload of bad rust as all of my cars have been pre 85)

sdc10442z.jpg

sdc10443u.jpg

sdc10449.jpg

Pretty keen to weigh these up.

sdc10446.jpg

sdc10447x.jpg

sdc10448t.jpg

And the money shot because I'm cool like that 8)

sdc10453p.jpg

Chur!