Taistorms trackday potent Swifffffffft

Taistorm

yup yup interior projections mang

plus the 400 grams they wiegh is negligible

flatmate has a fourdoor version love taking it down to supermarket , so much more zippy and cloud like then other cars i own

just run the factory ones my biggest peice of advice is (from lots and lots of $$$$ and time) leave it stock keep racing it till you cant get it to go any faster then mess with it by then you will know how to get the most out of it and where it needs to improve

• 1 month later...

Time to update...

Threw those shitty silverline brake pads in, got a new tyre on the shanked rim so now all the wheels match again and got the wheels balanced and had an alignment.

Got bored yesterday and decided to paint the rocker cover in red VHT Wrinkle paint. Looks the goods.

20110729113027.jpg

Also picked up these bad boys...

20110729180840.jpg

Pacemaker 4-2-1 Extractors

And i've also had a new resonator welded on as the inner pipe on the old one had snapped off completely and was rolling in the exhaust making a fucking annoying rattle in between 2-3k rpm.

20110722133015.jpg

Chur!

• 2 weeks later...

Sussed out the leaky water pump, belts and tensioner now so there's nothing to worry about any more (unsure of the service history).

Heat wrapped the extractors and bolted em up. The bloody flange doesn't line up flush with the engine causing an exhaust leak tearing the gasket to shreds. Now I've got to mill back the flange to get it lined up right and shut it up. Due to this the extractors aren't working to their full potential but there is definitely more torquey around 2500-4000rpm.

sdc10486s.jpg

sdc10487u.jpg

sdc10488n.jpg

Being the noob that I am at heat exhaust wrapping (first time), I followed guides on the net which told me to put a heat resistant silicone coat on, which I did. Probably wasn't the smartest idea as it basically just burnt straight off smoking up the engine bay like crazy with a rude as stench to it.

Also threw a Simota air filter on and brake-cleaned the shit out of the box and engine (still need to attack it with another can or two but so far I can't find any leaks which is preeemo!).

Gonna suss out the exhaust tomorrow.

Here's some better pics of the beast..

sdc10480be.jpg

sdc10479hs.jpg

sdc10481pw.jpg

sdc10482q.jpg

sdc10484g.jpg

Contemplating selling this due to a shift of plans so if anyone's interested let me know. After around 2.2k. If I hold onto it I'm gonna repaint the bumpers, side skirts and spoiler black to make it bause.

Chur.

Turns out BNT forgot to order the exhaust manifold gasket yesterday so now I won't be sorting it til Sunday. If you cancel out the rude exhaust leak crackle it sounds grunty with a nice deep rumble. Pretty over otp loud exhaust setups every since the 4" dumpy on my old Mirage haha

• 1 month later...

Boring update..

Exhaust leak was fixed a while back then a missfire developed which was solved by new plugs and leads. Only got some standard leads but will be ordering in some 8.8mm ones later and get an MSD ignition coil.

wp000023b.jpg

Oh and decided to give it a clean..

wp000034.jpg

wp000027m.jpg

wp000029y.jpg

wp000036k.jpg

A very high pitch annoying rattle has been fucking me off and found out its coming from inside the muffler. Think its time to get ride of the bore and get a nice twinpipe to tidy it up a little. Will also be getting it up on the hoist sometime shortly to find out how much I can cut off the coils to drop it!

Chur.

• 1 month later...