michael0008

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

cheers guys

also brought some crap crap crap crap k sport coilovers but bloodly sucks guy said they where mint and got them and there is 3 shocks that are leaking grrr so now there no go for anything so looks like i will get some bc's this time or should i just fit some koni inserts in them? :?

ksport.jpg

slam.jpg

• 4 months later...

ok gave up on the 4wd thing ended up trying 3 gearboxes and none worked...evo 1-3 ,evo 4-5 and a st185 gearbox

so now its going to be a NA track monster :) with my itbs , big cams and of course a klze

some updates since last one its currently getting painted and paneled

no more crap mazda brakes , little bit big but oh well :evil:

4pot fronts and two pot rears off evo 6 next to lantis v6 caliper

brakes2.jpg

brakes1.jpg

then i got some Enkei RPF1 16x7 30 offset

308380_228287490559517_100001348045798_583510_736810600_n.jpg

316832_228287017226231_100001348045798_583474_1800640695_n.jpg

321587_228287213892878_100001348045798_583489_1426113047_n.jpg

only problem so far is the dam big evo brembos on mazda ba lantis hubs and getting pushed out too far like a 360mm rotor, looks like im going to have to fit evo hubs so the brembos bolt on and can fit under a 16' wheel...

It does depend on what you are aiming for, everything has different regs, there is nothing for trackdays at all so the bigger the better for them. Just over 2 litre may take you into the "next" class in some events, competing with turbos, V8's and all that cheating stuff.

Or if you just stick to hillclimbs, bent sprints, etc then you generally don't need to worry about classes.

I think the KLZE is a superb choice, I realise I have harped on about this on a few occasions before but a friend in Wellington's KLZE swapped Lantis racecar was something pretty special to hoon around in.

It does depend on what you are aiming for, everything has different regs, there is nothing for trackdays at all so the bigger the better for them. Just over 2 litre may take you into the "next" class in some events, competing with turbos, V8's and all that cheating stuff.

The most likely event for you to enter would be road and track or winter series. Both events group cars purely on lap time IIRC. So engine size doesnt matter as much as consistent driving.

sweet thats good to know guys , so ze it is :D mostly keen for hillclimbs and road and track

snoozin what mods did your mates lantis have? i agree the klze is a good choice most people bitch about it being alot more heavier then a bpt but i think its least or the same as the blocks are aluminum.Cant wait to take a klze for a spin in a bfmp as they don't weigh much at all ,930kgs according to wiki

• 1 month later...

boo!

small update for the movember 8)

enkei rpf1s 16x7 35p wrapped in toyos drbs 205/45/16 and slammed on bc gold type br coilovers $$$.....

SAM_1633.jpg

SAM_1684.jpg

5 stud bf!

1-9.jpg

also fully underside of the car painted in chassis black and looks sooo nice and then removed sub frames and fuel tank ect paint in por15 :P nice and black and non rusty yes!

SAM_1814.jpg

SAM_1813.jpg

SAM_1667.jpg

ultra racing strut brace and using bg top hats mod like everything else..

2-10.jpg

more goodies arrived again, some still on there way and some slammed with 4 wheels on omg first time in awhile :)

kl internal and external adjustable cams gears , so this allows you to adjust the intake/exhaust off the one head separately as the gears run off each other so doesn't advance intake and retard exhaust simultaneously like the stock ones would do.

and flaring tool for making the lip on trumpets and flaring tool to get a very nice transact from a circle port aka itb to a klze port which is squareish...

dtyg.jpg

fr.jpg

g.jpg

gd.jpg

ftyurty.jpg

engine bay in the need of some work, chassis redrilled to use bg top hats and crap got underseal every where will make a front strut brace up later to cover old top holes and to go around itbs! .kind of very keen to keep the big rear bumper :lol:

next update December or jan sometime and hopefully painted bfmp style

and all new brushes and guards rolled big time with 205 tyres and 35p wheels quite hellaflush and itbs hopefully fitted to a klze :twisted:

• 7 months later...

bumpers2.jpg

ah update time maybe been a busy few months with moving and about to change jobs again this week so not too much done on the étude :D

started making some 40mm headers which will be about 22 inches long out of alot of bends, then into two 2.25 inch merge collectors then merge again into a single 2.5inch that will be merged over the gearbox .As theres no room to get both exhaust banks piping equal from under the car from the longer headers...then 2.5 inches mandrel bend pipe all the way to the back :P

also started making the inlet manifolds to fit the 4age sliver top individual throttle bodies , which should look sweet when done :twisted:

533403_347359141985684_777836917_n.jpg

^new labtop to tune the ms2 v3 ecu with, also got a innovate mtx-l wideband

and what else the engine is in 1000's of pieces till ive finished porting and modifying cams ect then give the engine a refreshing up

then out comes the engine again for the 80th time :rolleyes:

SAM_2526.jpg

one manifold done next one to go... and then got to make injector boss :x

SAM_2541.jpg

41mm tube flared out to the square size of a klze port then the ends flared a mm

SAM_2554.jpg

think i might have to chuck away my exhaust mani and remake one again as it probably will hit the radiator support...

Awesome work! Reminds me of the fun times with my old BFMR

Re: Brakes, have a look at the DC5 Integra Type R (JDM) they have similar brembo caliper, but is a bit smaller.

Also, the front wheel looks a bit set-back after doing the 5 stud swap. Have you got some of those offset caster bushes in there??

cheers man

that was with factory bushing in now have all Nolathane Bushings . I do see what you mean tho think it just looks like that as the front bumper wasn't bolted down :oops: .

im going to have a big play with the suspension again as not 100% happy with it, going to fit rx7 lower ball joints at the front to get 10mm more track and going to make some adjustable control arms to add another 10mm of track for the rear too as im not happy with the camber in the rear as well :? and might make some top hats so i can adjust caster as well 8)

Awesome project man. Whats happening with the ITB's and runner length? looks like you are going to have packaging problems fitting a decent size velocity stack with them pointing up? you could end up down on power over the factory intake unless you get some runner length? just curious.

yea kind of being thinking about this for awhile , quick paint drawing to show you

Untitled-2.png

factory manifold comes up about 6.5inches my itb length as they are is 7 inches then going to add a curved trumpet on top to gain another 4 inches.Then have two half manifolds with panel filters on top, so will stick like out a inch or so passed the bonnet so filters will nearly be kind of flush with bonnet so good amount of cold air coming in 8)

question would the half plenum be counted as some of the length of the runners? the plenum's are the things that confuse me :roll://i841